Monday, January 17, 2005

More information about the "treasure hunt"

See I told you I picked people who like to read. From the way that each one wrote their reviews I believe that you can tell that these are people who read a lot.

I can tell you that the story line and what Robert Brampton (a central figure in the book) teaches is somewhat unique. At least I have never seen this particular idea presented or developed in a book before. Even though the work and my characters are fictional, I like the idea that what is presented is possible. It is something that could not be proven, but neither could it be disproved. But if it were true, it certainly would explain a lot about what is happening in the world today.

During the seventh week of the contest the final segment of the book will be posted. After you read what transpires at the airport I would especially like to hear your thoughts on what is written.

My work is not published, but because I have decided to present it in such a public forum, I did decide to get a copyright for my work.

Also because of how I am setting up this contest, it would be possible for you to come in at any point of the seven-week period and still have enough time to be a winner. At 342 words per page the length of the book is approximately 350 pages. Although for the purpose of it being read on the Internet I am putting more words per page than the 350 that is mentioned.

One more thing; once you start reading you will see that a lot of the story unfolds in a town in the Midwest. There are public streets and public places mentioned. But you will notice that although the streets are real, they do not lead to the places that the book says they do. For example, two streets in the book bisect, and in the real city they do not. At another point, a horrific crime takes place on a street that is real; but the apartment that is mentioned does not exist. There are many examples like that in the book, and in every case it is intentional.

I know just a few words ago I said, “one more thing”. I lied. The treasure box that I buried has seven items in it. At the end of each new posting of my book I will list one of those items, until with the last posting you will know what is contained in the box. Happy reading and good-luck in the treasure hunt.