Monday, January 17, 2005

Reviews of the manuscript titled, "James Christens"

“----- ------- a friend of mine asked me to read his first attempt at writing a full-length novel. Before reading it I thought, ‘How can I give him my honest opinion and still keep him as my friend?’ But, after reading it, I know I can do both. I like books that capture my attention and the occasional one that might also teach me something. His novel James Christens did both. Early on his lead character divulges how he catches criminals, from that point on I thought, ‘What if this is not a work of fiction at all?’ Toward the end of the book there are several pages where the two main characters have a prolonged discourse, and the final secrets are revealed. Since that first time that I read that part I suppose that I have read those particular pages at least twenty more times. Now every time I read the daily paper and I see someone who acted out in a terrible manner I think about those passages.” --- M.C.

“----- -------- James Christens is a suspenseful thriller in the vein of Silence of the Lambs, but with a twist. His novel takes a close look at the seedy underbelly of society and today’s justice system. Irreverent, and at times ironic, this tale of gripping horror will captivate a local audience and beyond.” --- D.S.

“----- ------- is my new must read. Intrigue and menace mingle in this fascinating and absorbing story. The more I read, the more I had to read. James Christens is many notches above the intelligent thriller, this is pure genius.” --- R.J.

“A chilling look at the extremely thin line between good and evil; graphic details of a killers’ quest to fulfill his destiny while seeking peace for his inner soul as well as morality.
“Perhaps we are but what we are born to be. Fate cannot always be altered.
“Justice will survive in our world of liberal values. This book will take you through struggles of life unknown by many of us.
“Detailed, yet riveting, the story weaves to an intriguing end. A book you will read to the end.
“A great story and gallant first effort.” --- A.W.

“James Christens tells a compelling story about exploring the depths and surprising causes of human behavior. This story makes it easy to believe and will leave even the most cynical to wonder - what if?” --- M.L.

“As an avid reader of mystery writers, King, Koontz, Cornwell, it is always refreshing to read a new author.
“This chilling tale put me right in the action with details and characters which brought the story to life. The story could be in today’s headlines rather than fiction.
“I would recommend this book (James Christens) to anyone who loves eerie, dark tales.” --- D.W.