Sunday, August 23, 2009

DREAMS

August 23, 1:47 p.m.

For the last week or so I have been studying and researching (again) certain aspects of all major cults and the cult leaders associated with each one. They all have at least one thing in common, "dreams" and (or) "visions." Now, you might believe that because I am a Bible believer that I would automatically be against all such dreams: however, I am not... with one stipulation. Any dream or vision that adds to, or takes from revealed Scripture is a false dream or vision and not from God.
All cult leaders have erroneously believed their vision somehow trumps the Holy Bible... it does not. Satan has often been transformed into an "angel of light." II Corinthians 11:13-14 "For such are false apostles deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light."
Because of that he daily goes forth to deceive men. Paul, inspired by the Holy Ghost wrote to the Galatians and told them this truth also. Galatians 1:8 "But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed."
I have had many dreams in my lifetime and only one vision. My dreams and yours are most probably inspired by the same reason that Scrooge gave when he saw the ghost of Marley. "You may be an undigested bit of beef, a blot of mustard..." In other words, probably something you ate which caused your dream or vision.
The only "vision" I have ever had was, I believe, from God... and I believe this for two reasons. First, there was nothing in it that departed from Scriptural truth, and secondly... it came to pass within hours and exactly in the way I dreamed it would: up to and including an altercation which was in progress even while I slept. It was so real that within seconds of waking I was on the phone and trying to track the person down whom the dream was about.
Last evening I had a troubling dream, and it most probably was from Scrooge's reasoning, since we had a family picnic yesterday. Although, because I don't eat meat it couldn't be because of any roast beef. (lol) Now, I don't particularly like to try to "understand" dreams: because it seems that, at least, outside of the Bible you are in very worldly company to try and do so. Men like Jung, Adler, Freud, and many other apostates made their living duping gullible people with their dream interpretations.
It's funny, but some dreams you can dismiss upon waking as easily as the silly pronouncements of Mary Baker Eddy. But there are some, like last evening that I will carry with me for a long while.
I have a question for you that at first might seem to be unrelated to what I dreamt, but it is not. "Could a person who was born blind... ever really miss having eyesight?" A related question would be: "Is it possible to miss something you never had... and never will?" I don't see how either of the above questions could be answered in the affirmative: yet, I miss ................. and terribly.
Some posts garner more emails than others, and if there is a need to answer them I do. I wrote that to say that any person who wants to write, I welcome it, but you are wasting your time if you only write to ask what it was I dreamt last evening? I will politely, but firmly refuse to tell you.
You can always email me at clarkmatthews1@aol.com