Thursday, January 07, 2010

LET IT SNOW ... LET IT SNOW ... LET IT SNOW

01/07/2010 5:57 PM

I don't know about you but I find that it's still hard for me to write out "2010."
Today, in our area we had our first real snowfall with several inches on the ground: and of course, I had to work. However, I did get back just a couple of minutes ago from playing in the park with Virgil; he loved it!
He only goes about 70 pounds, yet, with his low center of gravity, long nails, four powerful legs, and a great determination to leap forward, at every opportunity, it was all that I could do to keep him on the leash and keep myself still standing... but it was fun.
Every little bit he would stop and peer at the hillside full of shrieking boys and girls on tubes, sleds, and trash-can lids sailing down the hill in the deep snow; it was packed down perfectly.
I would encourage all who reads this to try and not complain about the snow (that is if you do) and try to remember how you thought about it when you were a child... then bundle up, find someone you love... and go outside and enjoy it with them!
As much fun as it was, I do though have one lamentation: the first snowfall of the year never seems to taste the way I remembered it did when I was a boy. I suppose though that the fault is probably with my memory rather than the snow itself. Have fun!!!
You can always email me at clarkmatthews1@aol.com