Monday, October 19, 2009

WHO IS ON THE LORD'S SIDE?

10/19/2009 7:17 p.m.

I was just reading again of the sin that entered the camp during the time Moses was receiving the Law from God. And I was again reminded that sometimes (as believers) and in our thinking we still get it wrong.
What I am going to write about in this brief blog is more than just an issue with semantics. When God, through Moses, was ready to judge all those who had just sinned he had Moses to separate himself from the assembly and then Moses shouted, "WHO IS ON THE LORD'S SIDE? LET HIM COME UNTO ME."
Many times I also (still) get it wrong and I find myself praying that the Lord will go with me in something that I am preparing to do. In reality, I ought to just make sure that I am following along after Him! If I only do that, then He is always close by. Remember: it is far more important that we are on God's side, then it is if He is on our side. For His side is always true and good and right. Whereas our side might at first seem like the right one, yet because we can't see the future to know the outcome we might in fact not be doing His will.
Remember Peter, in not wanting the Lord to wash his feet... and in wanting to fight and try to deliver the Lord Jesus from the crowd who had come for Him? In both instances, Peter's "side" seemed "right." Yet, in both cases it was the wrong side.
So, today's blog is an easy one. Always try and find what side God is on... and you can only do that through reading His Holy Word... then follow hard after that and you will always be on the Lord's side! And the best part about that truth: this also means that He is on your side also!
You can always email me at clarkmatthews1@aol.com