Wednesday, September 09, 2009

09/09/09

9:09 a.m.

I have always been interested in numbers. When I was in fifth grade I developed a love for higher- mathematics. A friend of mine, Ron Maines, had an older sibling who was in college and whenever I would sleep over at Ron's house we would pore over those textbooks on Algebra, Integral Calculus, Chemistry, etc. It was at that time that I learned about Newton, Alhacen, Kowa, and other great mathematicians.
After I got saved and began to study the Bible I came to believe that God designed the universe and today keeps it in operation by mathematic probabilities and principles. And God said, ...de/dt-div(curl)E=mc2-B/(muO)F=Gm,m2/d2-Zn+1=Z2/n=C ...and there was light!
In the second chapter of the book MEI SERMO (I wrote) I used a formula for Light. Of course I have no way of knowing what formula He used to create and keep everything in operation, but I do believe creation is based on fundamental and true laws of science and mathematics known only to God. (Within my made-up formula for light there are two very famous theories in play, the rest is just gobbledygook.)
Bible believers never have anything to fear from true-science. It is today's pseudo-scientific silliness promulgated by lost men who have a God-less agenda in their minds before they ever do any research that is in opposition to the things of God.
Almost all of the great thinkers in our history were men who held a deep and indefatigable belief in a Supreme God who created the universe. Men like Newton falls into the category of deeply religious but lost. While other men like Faraday, perhaps the greatest scientist who ever lived, were dedicated followers of Christ. Read his words that he spoke which were taken from his exhortation delivered in London on July 7, 1861 he closed with this statement: "And therefore, brethren, we ought to value the privilege of knowing God's truth far beyond anything we can have in this world. The more we see the perfection of God's law fulfilled in Christ, the more we ought to thank God for His unspeakable gift." (All that I can add to Faraday's statement is, "Amen, and amen!")
I guess I like numbers because they never lie and as long as we understand the formula they will always work out the same way. Whether it is the second law of thermodynamics or the law of probabilities: at least for me this speaks of an ordered universe and that in turn speaks to a very ordered God who has everything in control.
09/09/09 is in fact just another day: however, at least for me I again find special significance in numbers and dates because it always makes me think more on the things of God and His magnificent understanding!
Isaiah 55:7-9 (7) "Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts; and let him return to the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon. (8) "For My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," saith the LORD. (9) "For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." GOD IS GREAT!
You can always email me at clarkmatthews1@aol.com.