Saturday, February 06, 2010

AN ANGRY GOD PART TWO

February 6, 2010 7:30 pm

If you are new to this message, “An Angry God”... this is part two. Please read part one to this message under “Previous Posts” before beginning this segment. If you do not follow this message in a specific order, then important points will not be clearly understood.

AN ANGRY GOD

PART TWO

At the end of part one we see Jesus ready to take on His role as a sacrificial lamb. With the clear Bible teaching that Jesus never changes: Hebrews 13:8 “Jesus Christ the same yesterday, (Old Testament) and to day, (New Testament) and for ever.” (which means into the ages and after this world's final judgment and destruction. (Isaiah 65:17) At that time the redeemed will see that, He, Jesus, will still be the same as He always was. Because of that truth, before detailing some of His actions during His earthly ministry in His (sacrificial) New Testament role, let's look at some of the actions of Jesus, who changes not, in the Old Testament.

It was Jesus, who changes not that shut the door of Noah's Ark and then commanded the fountains of the deep to open and He watched as every man, woman, boy, girl, and all animals who had the breath of life perish from the Earth, except for Noah and seven others who were safely on board the Ark. (Genesis 7:11)

It was Jesus, who changes not that rained fire-and-brimstone down from Heaven and killed all of the inhabitants of two cities for the sin that bears their name today... “sodomy.” Jesus then turned Lot's wife into a pillar of salt for being disobedient to what He had told her to do. (Genesis 19:24-26)

It was Jesus, who changes not that traveled through the land of the Egyptians and killed all firstborn. Exodus 12:29 “And it came to pass, that at midnight the Lord smote all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, from the firstborn of Pharaoh that sat on his throne unto the firstborn of the captive that was in the dungeon; and all the firstborn of cattle.”

It was Jesus, who changes not that that hardened the hearts of the Egyptians and forced them into the Red Sea in order to be drowned. (Exodus 14: 4-28.) Exodus 14:28 “And the waters returned, and covered the chariots, and the horsemen, and all the host of Pharaoh that came into the sea after them; there remained not so much as one of them.”

It was Jesus, who changes not that ordered Moses to slay the sinning in the camp of Israel, and three-thousand died in one day. Exodus 32:27:28 “And he said unto them, Thus saith the Lord God of Israel, Put every man his sword by his side, and go in and out from gate to gate throughout the camp, and slay every man his brother, and every man his companion, and every man his neighbor. And the children of Levi did according to the word of Moses: and there fell of the people three thousand men.”

It was Jesus, who changes not that commanded fire from Heaven and killed two sons of Aaron: Nadab, and Abihu. (Leviticus 10:1-2)

It was Jesus, who changes not that that commanded the ground to open and He sent Korah, Dathan, Abiram, their wives, their sons, and their little children, (Numbers 16:27) alive into the pit of Hell itself. (Numbers 16:32) After that Jesus sent fire and killed 250 men who had offered incense. (Numbers 16:35) The day following there were some in the camp who did not like the fact that many of their fellows had perished. God heard their speech and he sent a plague into the camp that began to kill quickly. Before Moses and Aaron could appease the Lord Jesus, 14,700 more people died. Numbers 16:49 “Now they that died in the plague were fourteen thousand and seven hundred, beside them that died about the matter of Korah.”

It was Jesus, who changes not that sent fiery serpents into the camp of the children of Israel, because of their complaining... and many who were bitten; died. Numbers 21:6 “And the Lord sent fiery serpents among the people, and they bit the people; and much people of Israel died.”

It was Jesus, who changes not that took the life of His prophet Ezekiel's wife: the Lord then told Ezekiel that he could not even mourn for her. He did this for a sign upon Israel because of their great sins. Ezekiel 24:15-17 “Also the word of the Lord came unto me, saying, Son of man, behold, I take away from thee the desire of thine eyes with a stroke: yet neither shalt thou mourn nor weep, neither shall thy tears run down. Forbear to cry, make no mourning for the dead, bind the tire of thine head upon thee, and put on thy shoes upon thy feet, and cover not thy lips, and eat not the bread of men.” Keep in mind that it was Jesus who said to Ezekiel... “I take away from thee the desire of thine eyes with a stroke.” He took the love of Ezekiel's life in an instant and then commanded that Ezekiel could not mourn nor cry.

It was Jesus, who changes not that called an enemy of the children of Israel into the land and He caused children such as Hananiah, (Shadrach) Mishael, (Meshach) Azariah, (Abed-nego) and Daniel to be led away into captivity. In that land, all of the young princes (from Israel) who were saved alive were turned into eunuchs. In that way they were allowed to stand before and to serve these heathen kings. (Daniel 1:1-4)

I only recorded ten incidents that resulted in 13 separate stories which (all-told) involved millions of people dying, and mostly horrible deaths: some examples are from drowning, plague, serpents, edge-of-sword, etc. There are four inescapable truths that run throughout the above stories: (1) It was Jesus (as God) who brought these calamities upon people. (2) He did it because He hates sin. (3) This same Lord who did this is the very same Lord (Jesus) that those who are saved worship today. (4) All of God's children knew the Lord was not to be trifled with but was to be feared!

I could very easily relate another two-dozen stories similar to the above accounts I have already given. What I am trying to do is to show why the Lord is to be feared and hopefully wake some people up who have been duped by the stooges from CBN and other like-minded (so-called) preachers. Read again Hebrews 13:8!

The problem is that we have thousands of weak-kneed false men of God who only preach what “sells” and not what is true. Do you know why they get large offerings from their duped followers. It is because they paint a stupid smile on their faces and their whole mantra is... “God loves you.” Guess what... I believe God loves people also, but I tell the whole truth about God... not just what sounds good to a casual reader of the Bible.

I am so tired of the lies told about God. It makes me want to throw up whenever I hear one of these false men say things like God doesn't really send people to Hell, they say that... “in reality they do it to themselves.” LIARS,,, every one of them... LIARS! Show me the verse that either states or intimates such a falsehood.

I believe that He is, “... not willing that any should perish...” (II Peter 3:9b ) but make no mistake, Jesus does not “allow” the lost to go to Hell... HE “SENDS” THE LOST THERE! Because the real Jesus, as revealed in both Old and New Testaments, is offensive to the average effeminate men who apparently are wearing their wives panties while preaching from the pulpit... they imagine a “god” they can accept more readily... then they invent him.

I'll give you a good example of a well-known “god-maker” … Billy Graham. Before I tell you about him, let me show you the only two ways you can create your own “god.” In Judges chapter 17 we see one way. Micah took money given by his mother and he gave two hundred shekels of silver to the founder and he had them make him a molten god that he then took to his “house of gods.” Micah then hired a priest and together they worshiped his little images. That is one way, “make” a little god... rabbit's foot, lucky buckeye, Jesus on a cross, etc. Now all that you do is rely or wish on these little gods to help you through times of trouble and you are a god-maker. Then there is the other way, and men like Graham, Osteen, Warren, and hundreds of others on CBN do this: they fashion their gods in their own minds, and it always begins the exact same way; first, they deny the authority of the Bible.

Are you aware that nearly 60 years ago several young men who said they loved the Lord covenanted together to preach the Gospel of Christ to America and restore it to its Christian roots? Included in this group were men like Dr. Jack Hyles, Jerry Falwell, and Billy Graham... to name three of the five I know about. Soon though, the first one would fall away, (Graham) then Falwell in just a few years would follow Graham's lead.

At one time Graham was on the board of the Sword of the Lord along with John R. Rice and Dr. Hyles. Graham was asked to leave when he could no longer state that the Bible was the inerrant Word of God. Remember, god-makers all start the same way... deny the Bible. Today you might as well listen to Benny Hinn as Billy Graham... there is no difference. I'll give you just two examples of Billy Graham calling Jesus the Christ of God, a liar... that should be enough for any follower of Christ's to cast aside this man as a false teacher and a liar not sent from God.

(1978) in an interview for “McCall's Magazine” Graham said, “I used to believe that pagans in far off countries were lost going to hell if they did not have the Gospel of Jesus Christ preached to them, I no longer believe that. I believe that there are other ways of recognizing God through nature for instance and plenty of other ways of saying 'yes.' So, Graham said that Jesus is a liar, because here is what the Bible states that Jesus said of Himself. “Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the father, but by me.” (John 14:6) NO MAN COMETH UNTO THE FATHER, BUT BY ME!

April 10th 1983 in the Orlando (Florida) paper they interviewed Graham and asked him about Hell? "Surveys tell us that 85% of Americans believe in heaven, but only 65% believe in hell. Why do you think so many Americans don't accept the concept of hell?" Graham replied: "I think that hell essentially is separation from God forever. And that is the worst hell that I can think of. But I think people have a hard time believing God is going to allow people to burn in literal fire forever. I think the fire that is mentioned in the Bible is a burning thirst for God that can never be quenched."

Of course you must choose either between the words of Graham, a known liar, or Christ, the Son of God. Jesus is speaking... Mark 9:43-44 “And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched. Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.”

If you wonder why I am telling you about false preacher like Graham, and the rest of those from CBN and Trinity, etc. is that they are the root-cause of so many people not fearing the Lord. They do not preach the whole counsel of God, as true preachers sent from God are commanded to do. Read Acts chapter 20. Notice especially Paul's words, “Wherefore I take you to record this day, that I am pure from the blood of all men. For I have not shunned to declare unto you all the counsel of God.” (Acts 20:26-27) Then, as a follow-up, look at verse 31, “Therefore watch, and remember, that by the space of three years I ceased not to warn every one night and day with tears.” Paul was not preaching the mercy and love of God for the space of three years... he was WARNING them!

You see, the whole counsel of God is to tell of His love, and His judgment: you can not have one without the other. And these men are not from God when all they do is to say that God can and does make alive, without also showing that God can and does kill as well.

I want to use an example in my own life to show that only telling a partial truth, frames the entire conversation as a lie. For many years my knees have been bad. As a younger person I played sports and I ended up with several injuries. I have had surgery on both knees, and they hurt most of the time. A few years ago I was playing a pick up game of football and I went down and hurt one of my knees. Now this next part is important. My knee hurt badly for a few hours and then the pain and swelling started to ease up.

The next morning I decided I wanted a day off work. I had a lot of sick time built up and I figured I would use a day of it. Now, you (the reader) know the particulars of what happened: you let me know when I begin to lie in my story to my boss.

I called in and asked for my supervisor, I told him that I had been playing a pick up game of football the day before... true. I told him that I fell... true. I told him that I hurt one of my already bad knees... true. I told him that I would not be coming in to work that day... true. Now I ask you... did I lie? Of course I did, even though I factually stated everything that happened. My lie is in what was implied but never spoken. My implication was that the injury was serious enough to keep me at home. I LIED BY NOT TELLING THE “WHOLE” TRUTH!

In a court of law you are asked to swear on the Bible that what you say is the truth. You are to agree to what is asked with an affirmative statement: “Do you swear to tell the truth, the WHOLE truth, and nothing but the truth?”

Men like Osteen and others are all liars by implication. When they say that God loves... which is a true statement, but it becomes a lie by withholding the fact that He judges and condemns as well. Men like these are going to smile themselves to Hell, and my greatest fear is that they are taking multitudes with them.

In part three we will look at the earthly ministry of Christ, and talk about the only three word phrase that all false preachers know and use.

You can always email me at clarkmatthews1@aol.com