Wednesday, July 04, 2012

..... ... .. .... ...... .... . .... .... ... .... ....!!!!!!!

Wednesday July 4, 2012 8:55 am

Before I leave for work this morning I wanted to wish everyone a happy  holiday. If it is as dry in your area as it has been in this part of Indiana, then try and stay safe if you set any fireworks off.

To be honest there are many times when I wonder why, with all of the sin in our nation that God still allows us to stand? Yet, here we are, 236 years later and still going strong. I heard a preacher many years ago make the comment that if God does not judge America, He would have to apologize to those who lived in Sodom and Gomorrah?

I echo that person's message... yet, with all of the wrong that is obvious: there is another side to America that is right. Less so with this president than any other since Carter... we still support Israel, and that is something we must do. Israel, and its many people have for a long time lived as if there is no God... nonetheless, there are still promises from God about what He will and will not do for those nations who either bless or curse His chosen people.

The other thing that we still do... and this is not done by the goodwill of our government, rather it is those believers who attend churches that still preach the Gospel and dig deep into their pockets and support missionaries both here at home, and in foreign nations throughout the world. It is my opinion that without those two things still continuing in this country, we would definitely be struck down by the hand of God.

Think about it... Hollywood, San Francisco, New Orleans, just to name three areas in our nation among many where all things against God are written about and produced, all manner of deviant lifestyles are practiced, and much black arts are not only still practiced, but are heralded as right?

I started to stop with the last sentence and publish this... then I thought I ought to explain something. I really do know what's right: probably like everyone else who will read this also knows. Perhaps what I know is innate, maybe it is also learned? (Of that I am not sure.) However, knowing what's right makes it very easy to see what is wrong, then it can easily be exposed as sin. (Like what I did in writing about three cities in our nation.) On the other hand, just because I know what is right, does not mean that I do right?

I just didn't want to leave this blog with the idea that anyone could read this who doesn't know me and falsely believe that I am some stalwart in the faith: it would be nice though if that were true. For a very long time my problem is simply... No mas que un sueno, pero mi corazon sabe lo que quiere.

I was going to include another Allen poem, only this one is not Edgar: rather it is Elizabeth... At Last. But, I have to dress and leave for work. So, happy 4th to everyone!

One more thing: the, "muy poco espanol" that I know might mean that the phrase I wrote above speaking about my problem... might not be exactly what I intended to write? So, if you read this blog and actually know the language and you do not merely play at it like I do, if that phrase says something completely buffoonish, just chalk it up to many of the other things I have written in the past.