Sunday, June 24, 2012

LOOKING FOR SOMEONE TO BLAME... ANY VOLUNTEERS?

Sunday June 24, 2012 9:45 pm

Sometimes in the past whenever I have planned to do something that I wanted, it seems to me that I was always “needed” by another and my plans changed. This time, however, what happened was 100% my own fault!

But, it's hardly as much fun for me if I can blame no one else for my woes besides myself (: I keep telling Virgil that I am taking him to the beach... and yes, he knows what I'm saying. (Lol) Against all odds I asked for a week's vacation during one of our blackout periods at work and I was approved! Well, that must surely be some sort of sign... right?

So, I began planning. Five days on a beach in North Carolina... I can hardly wait!!! I Googled and found several interesting places I wanted to go while I was there with him. I began by telling Deb that I was going there and would be back home by the sixth day. In the back of my mind I knew that summer semester was going to be starting, but really, how hard could that be?

Four days into school and about 35 hours already on the computer and I knew that a week away would be impossible. So, I changed it to three days at Daytona and one day at Gatlinburg on the way back home. There is only a difference of a few miles from my house to the beach in North Carolina, and Daytona Beach in Florida. But, from here to Daytona it is all Interstate and I can travel much faster... so, it seemed a better choice. The biggest negative was I had to wait until after five o'clock pm to take Virgil to the beach with me as they had restrictions that the beach in North Carolina did not. But, it still seemed doable?

Nine days into school and in one class I was barely hanging onto a “B” (at 80.11) and I saw the handwriting on the wall. So, I said, “DEFINITELY, I am still taking him somewhere with me! So, I decided on a quick drive to Gatlinburg and I would be back in two days!

June 16... the day we were supposed to leave. I still had about 10-12 hours left on the computer in two classes and I had an 11:59 pm Sunday deadline ): We were done... DRAT!!! Now, all that I do is I keep telling him how sorry I am that I screwed up and didn't get to take him again this year.

The problem is I can't keep telling him “next year” because how many next year's do any of us know that we have?

The good news is he still seems to love me, regardless the fact that I keep lying to him: albeit, even if I don't ever mean to do that.