Friday, June 08, 2012

2 EMAILS TODAY

Friday June 8, 2012 9:23 pm


She began her first email questioning how I could “know” that what I was writing was true? I politely emailed her and honestly said that no one can “know” with certainty, and (at best) what I was writing were educated guesses based on the Bible and history. (I suppose that the word “educated” I used struck some nerve or other because her next email was nastier and she asked for my “credentials” as it related to religion?) I thought about that before I answered her and said that I have none... yet, not being credentialed does not mean that it is impossible to excel at any given field. Then I told her a story: it was about about one of my very favorite... and least favorite presidents.

Example: R.R. (Ronald Reagan) who was most notably an actor and public speaker in Hollywood: the land of make believe. Yet, he is on my short list of the five best presidents this country has ever known. Even those who are on the other side of the aisle give him his due for his accomplishments and restoring America to a super-power in the world again. After the Carter fiasco, this nation had to have someone like him. The reason I told her that was he was not a person in the political arena with gravitas and great political acumen... yet, the world has not seen a better leader in the last 150 years of its history!

Another example: I can not think of any president (besides Carter) who has done more harm to America than the man we presently have in office. Yet, he (supposedly) has all of the qualifications to be a world-leader? Why then does he repeatedly fall flat in politics as a leader of this nation? Even those who want to prop him up are hard pressed to find anything that is better in this country today than it was when he took office.

What about you?- I (for one) couldn't care less what “credentials” any person has as long as they can get the job done. I know a lot of boys and men who might imagine they had a father who was brilliant... and they might believe that only because they loved their dad and that is how they thought of him. I am no different than any who feel that way with (perhaps) one exception... my dad really was brilliant! It isn't hero worship on my part to say he was bright: it was obvious to any person when they met him. Yet, I don't think he even finished high-school?

She made a point... still it has never mattered to me what sheepskin hangs on a wall. The only thing which I have ever taken into account is whether or not a person can do what they claim they can. I too would be more impressed with a person who was dedicated enough to go to school and get their degree than someone who would not. Yet, I would never imagine that such a person with an earned degree would necessarily be any more qualified to do a particular work.

She said she would just love to see my face one day after my prediction of the date that He will return and (if) it doesn't happen? Two things: it is still  somewhat distant into the future when I think He will return, and I most probably won't be alive? So, depending on how long I might have been dead, (and knowing what happens to corpses in decomposition) it is I who would like to see her face after seeing me in that state! lol

I emailed and said it appeared you are apparently upset at the thought of His return... is it because either you, or someone you love is not saved? That was in my last email to her and I haven't heard anything on that last thought. Of course it could also be that she jumped on Camping's recent bandwagon and perhaps she gave away a fortune believing it was all going to end? I suppose the reasons for her anger could be myriad... but, she is certainly upset.

I cannot imagine why anyone would be very angry while imagining that Christ is going to return to the Earth... unless they are lost. I have a relative who is saved and doesn't like to think about His return, at least until she has a baby? That I might understand, sadness perhaps... but certainly no anger at the thought.

Such harsh words for simple posts seemed too much! I mean... I don't mind criticism and I enjoy debate: but there must be some underlying problem that is making her afraid at the very thought of the Second Coming! I guess I am not very much looking forward to facing Him at the Judgment Seat of Christ. But, I still want to see Him return and claim all those He died and redeemed to Himself.

In my postscript I sent her the following symbol ): And I told her how she could turn that frown into a (: Do you think that might be why she has not emailed me again? lol

I really was polite to her and I closed with - Yours truly, Robin