Sunday, June 03, 2012

A LTTLE HELP... PLEASE?

Sunday June 3, 2012 10:27 am

I had not planned on writing anything more before Tuesday and then I had planned to type another installment on the series I had started on the Second Coming of Christ. (Monday evening I have my first classes and I figured that Tuesday night after work I would continue my short series.) But, as I slept I dreamed a troubling dream and I wanted to ask all of you a rather odd question. This will mostly be rhetorical as many who read this would either have no way nor necessarily a desire to contact me to give an answer. Before I ask the question I need to tell you about the very odd dream I awoke from this morning.

This dream was extraordinary because of its content, and that I'll not divulge. But it was also somewhat different because I was awoken twice in the night because of movement by Virgil and Stella (two of my dogs who were sleeping with me) and both times as I drifted back to sleep I continued, and eventually finished the same dream! Although it is unusual for me to be able to awake and then sleep again and continue with the same dream, and also see a dream to its logical conclusion: I have done both of those things a few times in my life. However, the particulars of this dream was completely foreign to me.

I know that it is possible that a true vision by someone as they sleep might well be worth pursuing to bring to pass in the waking world what was seen while sleeping. And I do know the difference between a vision and a dream. Thrice in my lifetime I have had visions as I slept and they are utterly different than the multiplied thousands of dreams which I have dreamed in my lifetime. Because of that I know that late last night, or the early hours of this morning, my complete dream (in three parts) I experienced was only a garden-variety dream... certainly not a vision: even though its content was unsettling. Regardless, here is my question.

Do you think that a dream ought to be pursued after you are fully awake?

Normally I would not even consider such a thought knowing that it was only a dream. While shaving, during showering... and then while getting dressed for church I couldn't shake the thought that I ought to  attempt to follow-through with it anyway? So, knowing that in the past I have experienced catharsis through this blog I thought that before leaving for church I would take a few minutes and turn to you for help and advice. 

So, if you have just awoken and are sitting at your desk, or getting ready to leave for church or work... etc. etc. etc. then perhaps you can send some good thoughts my way and maybe like a cosmic wireless Internet I will pick up on those? lol 

More probably though  I might hear a good sermon at church and then I'll have my answer and know better anyway! LOL