Saturday, June 02, 2012

TIDBITS OF INFORMATION

Saturday June 2, 2012 9:07 am


As of this morning I now have 98 days (14 weeks) until my swimming, biking, and running. My knee is doing a little better and I was able to get in both biking and running this past week. And I have a long ride scheduled for 11:00 this morning. At this point I feel confident that the swimming and biking parts of the race I will do okay... but, even the thought of running that far after completing the bike portion makes my knee throb. After I complete my ride this afternoon I am going to the therapy pool at the Y and I am going to try to do some rehab work there.

I start classes this next Monday... I am ambivalent about all of this now. One minute I imagine it will be okay and the next it's like I'm sorry I ever paid for the semester. I guess we'll see how it goes?

Have you ever watched a movie and the only reason is that there is an actress who reminds you of someone? There was a movie I had seen some time back and I swore to myself that I would never watch it again because it bothered me so much: yet, inexplicably I recently wanted to see it again... so, yesterday I did. It bothered me all over again!!! LOL (I think CM is my new favorite actress and a few minutes ago I just ordered another of her movies from Netflix.)

Our Christian school (at the church we attend) had their first graduation last night. One of my former pastor's brought the commencement message. I hadn't seen him in the last 15 years. Time flies! (Virgil just laid his big head on my knee and when I paused in typing to look down at him he is staring woefully into my eyes. I had to stop typing just so I could laugh at him. He's such a sweet little guy. Somehow I think he knows I will be gone riding today. Anyway, I was going to post a few other thoughts I had this morning but I think I'll stop this now so I can spend some time with him before I leave. I hope all who reads this has a great weekend!)