Sunday, May 27, 2012

THE SECOND COMING ... PART SEVEN

Sunday May 27, 2012 9:27 pm

I waited until this evening to write about the next sign as it seemed fitting to talk of wars on the eve of Memorial Day. For all families who have given up so much... as soldiers have both fought and died to protect us at home, I say, "Thank you!" I know that is far too small of a gesture for what has been lost: yet, I don't know how to properly express gratitude for such large sacrifices.

At times there are certain words and expressions that seem far too insignificant for me to use whenever I am trying to express the depth of how I feel. I once tried to explain love to someone and the word (love) itself seemed trite and completely inadequate, and not even close to what I was actually feeling inside. Yet, I was at a loss as what better word I might have used? To me it seemed like everyone used that word to describe all things, even the completely trivial: foods they enjoyed, movies they watched, etc. etc. etc. Anyway, I was dumbfounded at that time trying to speak my heart... and I am again at a complete loss trying to express gratitude for those who have given and lost so very much! I don't know how to say it any better than, "Thank you" ... sorry ):


Out of all the signs this next one will be easily recognized even among the uninformed. And, before starting I mean no sarcasm by saying some who reads my blog might not be well-informed. For example: I happen to know a person whom I admire... yet, on purpose she is not up-to-speed on world events and that is because she does not like to read or fill her mind with bad things. (Philippians 4:8) Anyway, you might be like her, highly intelligent... yet uninformed in current events. And for you I say, “Great!” You have certainly chosen the high road. Sadly though for me and others like me: my mind has already been corrupted to the point that watching the tragedy of nightly news unfold is like a stroll in the park would be for most normal people.

This next sign I am writing about is “wars and rumors of wars.” I am not an expert on anything... literally. Yet, I do know a little about history and I also read voraciously. However, when I first started studying this phenomenon of the above sign I was taken aback as I saw that there were many wars which had taken place in my lifetime... and I was totally ignorant of several of them.

Would it shock you as much as it did me to know that in my lifetime there have been 170 recognized and documented “conflicts” and “wars.” At present there are 36 wars going on in the world as I sit here this evening and type these words. But, don't let the word “conflict” confuse you... these are WARS. A good example is the KOREAN CONFLICT. Truman called it a “police action” and others called it a “conflict”... but in this WAR it is estimated that 2,500,000 soldiers died in this “police action.” That is two and one-half million soldiers ... dead!

Never in the history of the world has so many wars been... and are presently being fought all around the globe, AND with the other nine signs also happening at the same time! And as far as “rumors” of wars, it is impossible to turn on any newscast without some country vociferously threatening annihilation to their neighbor!

Here is just a brief example from the headlines. According to the papers Russia is, again, “saber rattling.” China threatened to strike Tokyo if the U.S. Shoots down any of North Korea's rockets. Pakistan has repeatedly stated that if India were to invade, because they are much smaller... that as a country they would launch nuclear tipped rockets into India.

Some in the Middle East have reported what they call the “Samson Initiative” as it relates to Israel. Because Israel is completely surrounded (more on that sign later) by its enemies... if Muslims were ever to invade, then Israel would launch a full-scale nuclear attack against all Muslim nations nearby. (It is because Samson killed more of God's enemies as he was dying than he ever did in life: that is why it is called the “Samson initiative.” Because if Israel perceives they are dying... they will take all of their enemies with it.)

Anyway... the whole world is either actively fighting with their neighbors, or are threatening to do so! Again, the King is coming!