Wednesday, May 16, 2012

FROM NOW ON... IT'S ME AND THE TURTLES

Wednesday May 16, 2012 8:15 pm

The day before yesterday I took my mail from the box and there was a small book inside marked, “Resident.” So, I spent the next 30 minutes knocking on doors close to my house to see if a Mr. or Mrs. 'Resident' lived nearby? Sorry, that's my terrible joke for the day (: Anyway... the small (223 page paperback) book was evidently intended for whoever opened their mailbox, so I decided to read it.

I'll tell you what most intrigued me about it and why I am posting this instead of continuing tonight with another excerpt on the several part message about the Second Coming of Christ. Maybe though I have found another sign? Perhaps this other sign is the glut in the market today of books impostering as “Bibles?”

The book in my mailbox was titled: The Seed Principle. In reality a lot of it was interesting... yet they had to make some incredible reaches in order to try and make their point in certain places. Anyway, would you believe that in this single 223 page book... they used 18 different “Bible” versions. 18 DIFFERENT BIBLE VERSIONS!!!

Before I name all the different versions they used could I ask the readers of this blog an easy question to answer? Here it is: “If two statements are made, and they are opposed to each other... can both be right?” Of course the answer is an emphatic, “No!”

Now in the above scenario about two different statements being made I will give a couple of possibilities. First: it is possible that one statement is correct and the other is wrong. Secondly: it is also possible that both statements are wrong. But... it is NOT POSSIBLE that two statements which disagree with each other are both correct!

Of course I am meaning “absolute” statements. For example: a person could say it is raining outside and another person might say it is not: and both could be correct. Because, the rain could have started and stopped... the two statements about rain could have been made at different times... the two people talking about the rain could be speaking about different locations, etc. etc. etc. (I am really not interested in someone reading this and making up straw-man arguments like the one I thought up and wrote about rain: in order to try and imagine some way that two opposing statements could both be right?) In this blog I am honestly only trying to reach any person who is sincere and using some version other than the KJV... and for them I would like to ask what should be an easy to answer question: why?

I'll now list the 18 different version they used in their small book in order to “prove” their doctrine. May I humbly say... if you can't either prove or disprove your point with a single Bible then you honestly don't have much going for you anyway!

Here is the order the verses appeared in the book. Now, many of the verse references were used in multiple places throughout the entire book.

KJV (King James Version)
ICB (International Children's Bible)
NVC (Who knows? More on this later.)
NLT (New Living Translation)
NIV (New International Version)
NCV (New Century Version)
NRSVA (New Revised Standard Version Apocrypha)
TLB (Tyndale Living Bible)
DNT (Same as the NVC???)
YLT (Young's Literal Translation)
TMNT (Again... I could find nothing about this one either. However, I might have figured this one out?)
NKJV (New King James Version)
TMSG (The Message Bible)
GWT (God's Word Translation)
ISVNT (This one can take its place with the NVC, DNT, and the TMNT in the who knows category.)
NRSV (New Revised Standard Version)
TEV (The last one in the I have no idea category.)
NASB (New American Standard Bible)

There you have it... 18 different “Bibles” being used in this short book to try and teach doctrine: and wait for it... I checked, and many of the supposedly same verses disagreed with each other! Surprised?

For the letters that I couldn't find books for I actually took the time to skim back through and make certain I hadn't transposed letters... I hadn't. The NVC is first quoted on page 6. The DNT and the TMNT are both (first) quoted on page 12. The ISVNT is (first) quoted on page 57. And the TEV is quoted on page 127.

Now, you might be reading this and saying to yourself that is “a little excessive” to quote that many supposed Bibles to try and make a point. But, I'll ask you... what is an acceptable number for you to use when you supposedly believe that the Bible is God's Word! And the fact that God's Word... at least His true Word, would have no disagreements.

I'll ask you in the same way I ask those who kill children in the womb to give me a number. For them I ask when is it acceptable to kill a baby. How about... one minute after birth? No? Okay... one minute before birth? No? An hour before birth? No? Anyway, I keep asking them to back up in hours, weeks, months, etc. and usually they can't name a time when it is accepatable to kill a living child.

So, I'll ask you... how many “Bibles” would be good to use in order to try and make your point... 16? No? How about 12? No? Why not? See, any honest thinking person can tell that people use multiple “Bibles” usually because they are searching for some reading that is supposed to be from God that will “prove” some strange doctrine they believe: else, they search many different versions trying to find some that doesn't name sin in the same way the KJV does. Why? Perhaps it is so they will not feel as guilty whenever they are reading their “Bibles” and their particular sin they are enjoying has been watered down to the point that it almost doesn't even sound like sin?

Do you want to see some verses that state the above truth. II Timothy 4:3-4: “For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned into fables.”

I began this by saying that maybe the glut of so-called “Bibles” on the market is another sign that the end is near: in truth, that might be  very close to the mark. Because, as the end draws nearer... there are more and more false men and women who are out there preaching “another Gospel” and using faux Bibles.

Look... if you knew me you, rather than only reading what I write, then you would know I am the worst sinner you have ever met: and sadly, I'm not even kidding. But, one thing I refuse to do: I refuse to hunt for some other book that is pretending to be the Bible just so I can somehow try and make myself believe that God doesn't really hate sin after all? Nor, will I go looking for teachers and preachers who never name sin and are nothing more than cheerleaders telling everyone that they are okay. Sorry, that's not for me.

I'll now tell you that I did figure out what the TMNT Bible is. As with the others I couldn't figure out I tried to imagine what the letters would stand for? This one I now know. The TMNT “Bible” is the TEENAGE MUTNANT NINJA TURTLE. (I feel very confident that is right.) Because of that and the great respect I have for those four turtles... in the future I am only going to do my reading and receive my inspiration from the KJV AND the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle's book. Doesn't that sound good?