Saturday, April 14, 2012

A LITTLE SIDEWAYS

Saturday April 14, 2012 9:00 pm

I got home just a few minutes ago from work. We were extremely busy and it was a long and tiring day ): I put away some food and treats I had picked up for our pets and then I came in and read what I had written this morning. I guess I am going to post it but before I do I want to use some cover words from a country song Blake Shelton sings. (Honey Bee) I like it because he begins writing it with the words that the feelings he has keeps piling up and because of that he doesn't get any rest: to that I can relate. So, that is his reason for writing in the first place. Now, here is the part I like. He admits the song isn't great... maybe even a little crazy: and “the words came out a little sideways.” I especially like that part. I guess because I know that nothing I have ever written has been particularly good (a little sideways) but... it is from my heart and it is simply the best I know how to do.

Sometimes I read stanza's and poems from those who really know how to turn a phrase and for the life of me I can't imagine changing a single word in a single line of a good poem or song. Yet, with mine I read them and I know several words in every line could probably be changed and it would become a little better... I am just not sure the words to use or where to put the changes? I have even imagined that if I spent more time in writing what I wrote it might help? But, I really don't think so... it is what it is. (lol)

So, here is my “sideways” poem from early this morning. My heart is sincere, it is just that the prose is lacking.

SONG OF MY HEART RISING

I once knew a season, though only a brief time:
When songbirds sang and life was sublime,
My heart was on fire, and all was well:
Ere... was it only a dream?

I once knew a month, a thirty day span:
I hadn't yet lived... my life just began,
All was possible, and true bliss awaited:
Yet... how could I have known?

I once knew a week... seven happy days:
When times were good, and life felt like play,
I made many plans, and schemes, and dreams:
Albeit... who knows tomorrow?

I once knew a day, such a wonderful day:
Nothing else mattered: “God, come what may,”
Things were right, and sweet, and good:
Mayhaps... it's better we don't know our future?

I once knew an hour... oh, what an hour!
Such sweet beauty, gentleness, and power,
A long life of joy and happiness lay ahead:
Ah... was I to be wrong, yet again?

I now know a life; an hour, a day... a week... a year:
Is there happiness, yes: though betimes still they're tears,
For I once knew a girl... who to me meant the whole world!
Alas... how do you forget what cannot be forgotten?