Tuesday, April 03, 2012

BIG & SMALL NEWS

Tuesday April 3, 2012 12:23 pm

Well, the big news first: I just got home from seeing the newest addition to our family... Clydie Rose. She was birthed yesterday evening, but I was working a late shift and couldn't get there to see her. As of this date we have ten granddaughters and three grandsons. (Rachel, Hallie, Aaron, Ethan, Hazel, Morgan. Erika, Leni, Emmanuel, Adrianna, Trinity, Savannah, Clydie) As I type this I am sitting here and "fake smoking” one of the cigars from the box of pink bubblegum 'it's a girl' cigars I bought to pass out to people. Times have certainly changed. When Tammy was born in December of '74 I bought real stogies and I both smoked one and passed others out. Now, to some lesser news...

Hopefully... fingers crossed... wishing on a star... etc. etc. etc. I have put in for a vacation for the middle of June and if I get it off I am finally hoping to take Virgil to the beach! Yay!!! I have never been to Nags Head beach, but I was told parts of it are both remote and beautiful. And of course both of those things perfectly fit with what I am looking for... and the bonus is that dogs are allowed on the beaches there year-round. I also found several motels that are dog-friendly in the area of Kill Devil Hills, NC. Deb doesn't want to leave our dogs back here for a week so it looks like it will be my little buddy and me left to explore that small part of the world and see what all we can find. I can hardly wait!

Well, real-life calls and instead of sitting here and daydreaming about a possible upcoming trip... I have to go outside and mow: ugh!