Tuesday, February 14, 2012

FREE AT LAST

Tuesday February 14 7:03 am

Happy Valentine's day... otherwise known as the day (57 years ago) I was born! Now, of course, I wasn't birthed until nine months later on November 12th. And it was on that day I was exactly like Martin Luther King Jr. – except I wasn't liberal, and I'm not black. So, I suppose I was nothing like him at all... with one exception. When I was finally birthed, after nine long and excruciating months, I came out singing the last line of one of his more famous speeches: "FREE AT LAST. FREE AT LAST. THANK GOD ALMIGHTY, I'M FREE AT LAST.”

Well, truth be told... I probably didn't really sing that because I didn't yet know how to talk: however, I'm fairly certain I was probably thinking those words. I don't know about you but I have always been somewhat troubled in my mind whenever I am in very close quarters and I feel it is probably from those nine months being confined in such a tight spot... sort of like a little prison: albeit, with no bars. (Now that's sort of an unsettling thought for this early morning; i.e. such a place being a “little prison with no bars.”) lol

Besides all that I would like to wish all my friends and those precious few whom I love more than life itself... “HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!!!!!!”