Tuesday, November 29, 2011

NEWS FROM NORTH CAROLINA

Tuesday November 29, 2011 7:30 pm

I just got home from Steph's house a few minutes ago. I was fixing a light and I wanted to blog about this as soon as I got in. Now, as soon as I know anything for certain... either good or bad, I will pass along to everyone how this played out. Tentatively though I got some “good news” at my post-office box today. Quite some time ago I had written to the company I presently work for and laid out a plan I have, whereby it would allow me to fulfil one of the four things I have on my bucket-list. In addition to myself having a benefit, I also believe it would be good for my company.

It had been long enough since I first wrote to them that I was beginning to imagine they had dismissed my proposal without giving it any thought. But... the letter I received today was letting me know that they “appreciated” what I had to say and they would further consider it!!! (:

From past experience I know not to get too excited from preliminary news. Many years ago I got quite excited over a first letter from the Chrysler Corporation because of an idea I had offered to them. That first letter from them was more than hopeful... and I wasn't the only one who thought so at that time. I showed several people the letter at the place I was working (McJunkin Corporation) and all of them felt I was on my way to great riches... me too! (lol)

However, a few weeks letter the second letter was not good news at all. Evidently after “thoroughly” reviewing my material... they were no longer interested. So, today I really was excited to open the letter and read but I will not get too excited until I hear from them again. (Keep your fingers crossed for me... I mean, who knows? I'm sure crazier things have happened.)