Sunday, November 13, 2011

Is My True Love Out There?

Monday November 14, 2011 12:00 am

I thought I would go ahead and give a brief update. On Saturday I finished my third mini (13.1) and seven minutes faster than my best time ever. That's the good news... the bad news is that it was still 21 minutes slower than what I was shooting for and as I am typing this I am wearing not one... not two... but three: yes count 'em... THREE, blister ampoules on my feet... I hope they help! There is one for each heel and one on the little toe on my left foot. 20 days earlier I had gotten blisters on both heels from the hike at Burnheim and I suppose they were not fully healed from that. Anyway, about four miles into it this Saturday morning I felt them starting to grow again and at about 6 miles I knew they were bleeding into my socks. So, this evening I am a little hobbled. However, that still didn't stop me from going to work today, but I am glad I am scheduled off for the next two... yay!!!

Unbeknown to me my dear old uncle Charlies (Tattoo Charlie's for those not in the know – lol) had a cancer benefit scheduled for Friday and apparently they were swamped. I spoke to Darin Ennis late Saturday and he apologized and said he would call me sometime Monday to reschedule. I will let all of you know how that turns out?

I received several presents and many people offered their wishes for me to have a happy birthday... I did, and I would like to thank everyone who went out of their way to do something nice like that... THANK YOU!!!

Although 99% percent of how badly I felt getting off the couch at 4:30 this morning probably had to do with what I did on Saturday: nonetheless, maybe for the first time ever I actually felt my age this morning... and probably more than looked it as I hobbled around getting showered and dressed for work. I'm sure it was quite a funny sight if anyone had been around to see it. (Although at that time of morning even the dogs have enough sense to be asleep.)

If I go strictly by the numbers then (by far) the majority of people who read this blog I have never met: however, there are others I know quite well. Anyway, in closing this evening I thought I would like to ask those people who know me personally to try something? I think I have found a way to prove that I know who all really loves me and those I also love! I mean... if I can read your mind, then surely that must be evidence of true love... right (:

Okay... here goes.

Pick any number between 2-9

Now... multiply that by 9

You should now have a 2 digit number in mind... add those two numbers together

Now you have a 1 digit number... right? Subtract 5 from that number

I will now give you alphabet letters to correspond with that number: (1 = a) (2 = b) (3 = c)
(4 = d) (5 = e) (6 = f) (7 = g) (8 = h) (9 = i)

Now, think of your number and match it to a letter and imagine a country that starts with that letter

Take the last letter of that country and think of an animal that starts with that letter?

Now, to be fair this will only work if there is a bond of true love between both people. So, if we have not thought of the same animal then we might well be friends... but only that ): However, if we are thinking of the very same animal... well, then it must be true love!!!

(: Ready, here goes: to my friends... and perhaps true love who is reading this:













are you thinking of a kangaroo? If so... don't you think that at least you owe me a sweet kiss? Sigh...