Sunday, October 16, 2011

THREE MOVIES

Sunday October 16, 2011 9:15 pm

According to my counter 140 people read my last blog and they averaged 47 seconds on the page... it was a very short read: this blog will not be like that one (:

Just in case some of you who have turned to this page have a short attention span I want to get to the crux of what I would like for each of you to do and I will recommend three movies for you to watch the very first part of my blog. By doing it this way even if you grow weary reading what I write and don't finish this blog... you will already have what I feel is the most valuable information I am wanting to pass along to you this evening.

The three movies I would like each of you to watch... then encourage your friends and those you love to do the same, are: FAT, SICK, & NEARLY DEAD … FORKS OVER KNIVES … DYING TO HAVE KNOWN. I also believe it would be best to watch them in the same order I typed their titles. Though they are all done by different people each one adds more information and gives credence to the others that came before.

Now, as long as you have read this much... you are free to close this blog and go and find the movies and watch them: because they will give you more and better information than I am capable of writing this evening. However, if you are bored... or if it is too late to find the titles and watch them this evening, then please read on and I will give you my reasons as to why I believe they all have pertinent, and life-saving information in them.

I like writing a blog like I am doing this evening because I think it has appeal to lost and saved people alike. This type of writing is both practical and logical... that is, unless you already have a bias and are unwilling to examine evidence. Of course what I write about this topic tonight is not true only because I believe it to be so. It, like all truths is true simply because it is true. Neither your belief, mine, or anyone else has ever made something true only by believing it to be so. You can believe something to be true till the cows come home... but, if it is untrue it will always remain untrue. And you can disbelieve something for your whole lifetime... yet if it was true, it will still and forever more be true regardless of yours, or my own personal beliefs.

I had a former pastor who often used the axiom, “The proof is in the pudding.” Several centuries ago when Cervantes penned Don Quixote he wrote, “The proof of the pudding is the eating.” I am assuming the phrase my pastor used means the same as the old proverb Cervantes re-quoted. Simply stated this would mean that the “proof” of anything would be the “testing” of it. I mean, someone could say they make a good pudding, but it would have to be put to the test (eaten) to see if their statement was true? With that in mind... I want to give you (my readers) some information I would like you to put to the test. I will do this by asking several questions without providing the answers myself. Yet, the answers are readily available from dozens of different sources online and in your local libraries. Ready... let's have some fun (:

First, this next thought will be believed and accepted by both the lost and saved among us and it is only this: we humans (physiologically) are not much different than the animals around us. And by that I only mean our bodies have many parts that are interchangeable. Surgeons, for decades, have successfully used animal parts in what is called xenotransplantation and humans have thrived with these parts that were once being used by (example) a pig? Fun fact, huh? Anyway, my point is that even some doctors who are lost and unbelieving in God would still recognize that humans bodies are not very different from barnyard animals... and Bible believing Christians also recognize that in the act of creation of all living animals that God made no difference in how He created them either.

For an example... though I personally detest animal testing, for many decades scientists have used a wide variety of animals in lab tests to determine what products and medicines are useful, or helpful, and which ones would cause harm to human beings. Now, logically speaking, if our physical make-ups were not very similar to that of many common barnyard animals, i.e., sheep, goats, rats, pigs, rabbits, etc. then why would these tests continue? The answer is simple. They continue because what will either help, or what hurts animals... will also help, or could hurt human beings as well. Why, because our genetics are so similar.

Anyway, it should be easy to see for believers in God and non-believers alike that animals and man share a lot of the same DNA. So, if that is true and of course it is, then what is good for them as a whole is good for us as well. With that in mind: here are a few questions for you to research.

In the world of animals and on any continent you would care to research... what are the strongest animals on Earth? Once you have found which animals are the strongest... look at their food source. Are they carnivore or herbivore? In other words, do they eat meat as their main source of food, or are they vegetarian?

Then, do this same thing and ask: which animals on Earth are the largest? Then, which animals on Earth are the longest-lived? Finally... at least as well as human beings can measure animal intelligence... which animals on Earth are the most intelligent? (For the last question I have found several sources that consistently list the same group as the “top ten” in animal intelligence.)

So, if the strongest, biggest, longest-lived, and most intelligent (seven out of the ten most intelligent animals listed are vegetarian) are all vegetarians... wouldn't it just make sense that their food source has a great deal to do with their size, length of life, strength, and intelligence?

Also, this holds true for animals in captivity as well. Call your local zoo and tell them that you are curious about something that you have heard... then ask this question. Do the animals in your care that eat meat as their main diet source live longer or shorter lives than those animals at the zoo who eat a plant-based diet?

This same truth also holds true for the worldwide population of human beings. If you go country-by-country you will find (regardless whether or not they have good health-care facilities) that those nations whose people eat predominately plant-based diets outlive their counterparts who eat more meat.

Here is another thing. If meat is a good option for humans to consume, then why is the following a fact. Call the oncology department at either your local hospital or contact a (supposed) world renowned health-care facility and ask them the following question. Is it true that when they have a patient who has been diagnosed with cancer that they remove meat from their diet and encourage them to eat a plant-based diet?

Another question for you (the reader) to research. Which cancers are often referred to as “meat-eating” cancers? In other words doctors believe they are brought on by eating meat.

If you are a Bible believer and you believe that God created humankind in a special and one time act of creation... then you should already know that (according to the Bible) He created all people and animals to be vegetarian and no person or animal ever ate flesh until after the Great Flood. So, at least the first 1,700 years of God's creation all were vegetarian... and lived exceeding long lives! Of course, after His decree … “Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things.” (Genesis 9:3) then you can trace that man's life expectancy began to dramatically decrease from the times given before the Flood.

Keep in mind that God does not take a steak and turn it into an apple just because you ask Him to bless your food. Of course, neither does He take water and make it “holy” just because some priest asks Him to do this. Do all of you know what the acronym GIGO means as it relates to computers? It stands for garbage in garbage out. In other words whatever you put into your computer that is what you will get out.

If you put cheap fuel into your car you get poor performance from the engine. In nature it all works the very same way... Remember: YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT! Put the wrong foods into your body and you will get garbage out... at least as it relates to your health.

There is one exceptional line in one of the three movies (I won't tell you which one so you will have to watch all three – lol) where a doctor makes the statement about some people think that eating vegetarian foods is rather extreme. Then he says he thinks extreme is where doctors strip veins from a person's legs, cracks open their chest and sews these veins into the heart for a bypass operation... and all of this brought on courtesy of a meat diet. When you think of it like that... I think he is correct as to which option is the most extreme.

Well, if you read all of this blog you ought to receive some sort of a reward... problem is I don't know who all will have done this and neither would I know what to give to you. Anyway... seriously, would you please take the time to at least watch the three movies I recommended to you and then you can make your own decisions. Also, just to make it up you (my readers) if you will email me and let me know that you have done this... I will also watch any movies you might recommend to me and want me to sit through. I promise I will do that... regardless how boring I might find them to be (:

As an aside, for this has nothing to do with this evening's blog... but, I very much love my little guy who is (as always) patiently laying at my feet as I type this (: If the whole world were to forsake me... he would still be by my side and here for me. I love Virgil (: I have had people come in and out of my life... even friends who are no more... yet, my little man with the sad eyes is always fast by my side... yep, I love Virgil a lot!!!

I got off work tonight at 8:00 and I just looked at the clock on my desk and I saw where I have been typing this for a little more than an hour... I don't type very fast ): Anyway, every little bit as I pause to look at him his eyes are always alert on my face... just watching me. And, in a few seconds when I quit and hit the button to publish... as I am sliding my chair back he will instantly be on his feet and waiting for me to leave the room with him... he's a great boy!

Even though he is much older now Virgil acts very youthful and he still looks great... but the only sad thing about him is I have noticed more recently as I am holding his face and talking to him (usually I am just telling him how much I love him and how faithful he has always been to me) he will start to softly snore as my hand is cupping his chin and he is staring into my eyes. It's cute really that he is falling to sleep as I talk and his eyes are still wide-open. But, it also bothers me because I know he is doing this because he is not so young any more.

Hey... did I happen to ever tell all of you that I really love my little guy, Virgil.

You can always email me at clarkmatthews1@aol.com