Monday, November 07, 2011

Stats & More

Monday November 7, 2011 9:25 pm

Before I write about what I have in mind I want to tell you about something that I recently learned. The other night I had a friend of mine (: tell me that they had gone to my stat counter at the bottom of my web page. Now, I have been on there writing many hundreds of times over the course of the last eight years and I had never seen that counter: not even one time. I mean, I get weekly updates to my email account every Saturday morning so that I know how many people have logged on... but that is all.

Years ago when my son-in-law (Bob) had set this up for me we had a different counter and a different company that literally tracked everything, including all of the time zones, countries, and even the states that logged on to read. But, sometime back when we changed systems Bob set me up with a different counter service and I no longer have all of that. So, when I was told that about the counter I was curious and I looked... what do you suppose I found? On my computer it is not there! I called Bob and Tammy to see why and they told me it is because of the fact that it is my blog that I do not have that access... crazy huh? Not that I especially doubted them but I still had to know for certain. (lol) So I called a few people and asked them to look for it, and sure enough it is there for everyone else but not for me... no fair.

Anyway, because I was now curious I logged into my blogger account and in a few minutes I was able to pull up a page that gives statistical data. Although it does not seem to be as detailed as that first system we had used it was still fun to read some of the stats. I will give you just a few.

Today, November 7, 2011 there were 13 hits from the USA... and 8 from Georgia: now this is the Georgia found in Eurasia. The operating systems used today to reach this blog is broken down this way: Windows 57% and Linux 23% and BlackBerry 19% (:

For the week so far there have been 63 from the USA... 20 from the Netherlands... 16 from Georgia (Eurasia)… 13 from Ukraine... 6 from Russia... and 1 from Canada. The operating systems used for the week have been: Windows 63% and Linux 23% and BlackBerry 11% (: and iphone 1%.

I will stop with this last stat. What follows is for the month so far. Now, before I give that one let me say that I do not know when their month started? I don't know if it is the last 30... 31... 28... days etc. Anyway... it just sates for the month. There have been 253 from the USA... 24 from Georgia... 21 from the Netherlands... 13 from the Ukraine... 8 from Russia, and... Germany, Turkey, and Canada have 1 each. The operating systems used this month have been: BlackBerry 42% (: and Windows 37% and Linux 16% and Macintosh 3% and iphone 1%.

Finally (for this part) if you go back to the beginning of this new counting system then three more countries could be added: France, Slovenia, and Iran. Now I sort of wish I still had access to the original counter when we started this to see how many people (total) and what countries have logged on to read... or at least see what this blog was about? Now, to my blog.

Have you ever been pleasantly and happily surprised? I mean just out of the blue and totally unexpected. For the last couple of days I find myself smiling and for no obvious reason. I'm sure at work everyone who sees me must figure I am an idiot or something for grinning all the time. But, I don't really care (:

Many years ago I heard it said that... “a true friend is a person who really knows you and still likes you.” I think that is probably a very true statement... and if it is... how many true friends do all of my readers have? I guess the only way to know for certain is if you are ever blessed in this life to find that one person whom you trust and love enough to lay bare your own soul and allow that person to know you. And I don't mean our very public and always on display persona which we have carefully crafted... I mean, the real you. The person you see in the mirror every single day. If you ever find such a person and after there is nothing more to tell and the hidden things have been told and long kept secrets have been given up: if they still like you after really getting to know you... well, then you have a true friend!

If I get nothing more out of my life... if no other dreams come true for me... if the best for me is now only in my past... If there are no future happy surprises... I swear I still have one thing that no one can ever take from me... I have such a friend!