Thursday, November 24, 2011

HAVE A GREAT DAY... PLUS

Sunday November 27, 2011 9:50 am

I am practicing on this blog today. I guess we will all find out if this works? Last night I began a futile effort to find a particular picture... so far... no luck ): I learned that we no longer have photo albums, instead... everything has been placed in small boxes. Which of course means they have all been gone through and in turn... my picture is missing!!!

I am still looking though (: This has caused me to want to publish some pictures on each of my future blogs, that is, as long as I can find a way to get them onto my desk-top. Because of my operating system it is hard to find a compatible scanner. To this date I have tried two with no luck. Anyway, I am experimenting this morning with a rough and incomplete sketch I already had in my email from Darin. So, I am trying to forward this picture to my blog. If this works then I have hope that I will be able to include a few pictures with my other blogs as well.

It is quite possible that even if this works the picture could be sideways etc. If that happens, I will probably not try and correct this one but I will figure a way to do it better in the future. I know what all of you are thinking about now... IMBECILE!!! I'm sure the average six year old with ordinary computer skills would already be able to do this. But, give me a break: First, I'm not six... and secondly, I'm far below average! Here goes.






Thursday November 24, 2011 12:43 pm

I got back home a little while ago and decided to write and wish all a happy Thanksgiving day. I had my little buddy out with me and we stopped at McDonald's for breakfast... and then we just drove around and talked. Well (to be fair) I talked and Virgil only pretended to be listening. (lol) Of course, he might not always listen as attentively because it is mostly the same stuff he has heard many times before.

I was supposed to go to my youngest daughter's house and hang another ceiling fan for her... I did the other one after I got off work late last night. Instead though she called earlier this morning (as I was heading out the door to her place) and asked that I do it later because of company they are expecting. So, I used that time to drive around.

We went on a circuitous route around town that I sometimes drive which takes us to a park on the river. He likes to get out there and explore the water's edge... it was cold and windy this morning so we had the park to ourselves. It's sort of funny the things we all (at times) must think about. I began imagining that I could get back into my car and go west on 64 and if I drove straight through we could be in Colorado by 6:00 am or so. I figured at that point I would have to sleep for a little while then I could start again and with any luck I could be in California Saturday before lunch time. I even took my wallet out and counted the cash I had with me... only 23.00 ): But, I do carry a credit card... so the trip would have still been possible? Virgil also loves to travel so I am confident he would enjoy a trip like that (:

Instead of doing that, I did the “responsible thing” and mentally twisted my own arm and fought back two different, and competing urges. After driving around for another 30 minutes or so I returned home to await Thanksgiving dinner with the family at Steph's house. (I do look forward to seeing all the kiddos!) I guess Virgil and I will have to wait awhile for that trip... sigh.

Anyway, I hope everyone who reads this has a great day and a very happy holiday season that is now officially upon us. I mean it must be official, as I walked in in time to see Santa on his float in the Macy's Thanksgiving parade. Happy Thanksgiving!