Sunday, April 08, 2012

IT'S EASTER!!!

Sunday April 8, 2012 8:40 am

I hope anyone who reads this has a great Easter and is saved! It would be a terrible thing to live this life... then die as a lost person: the horror of that (and the consequences that would follow) is almost unimaginable! So... with that thought I would like to wish all believers in Jesus a very happy Easter day... and I would encourage any who might read this and has not yet accepted Christ as Saviour, to do so today!

It was also 33 years ago on this day that my dad died. I'll not go into detail, nor will I try to explain... but, I had left him alone for a brief time and when I returned to the hospital I found he had died in his bed. I could tell he had been gone for a little while. Perhaps within in minutes of my leaving him there all alone, I don't know? I was 23 years old and at that time I was certain I would never again experience any loss in life that would hurt as much, or cause me to grieve more... I was wrong. That could be my life's mantra... "I was wrong." lol

Frost begins one of his great poems with the words: “Two roads diverged in a yellow wood...” I think in the end, that is what life is: just two roads, or two choices... all the time really. Then, when one choice is made, and because of that only one road is followed... of necessity there must always be such great sorrow and longing for the untraveled road. Especially if in your heart you know the untraveled road was your first choice to take... but, sometimes in life it seems that others have already chosen for you and some are compelled to take the other road.

In reality I know that in a life lived there are great treasures to be found and picked up along the way of either road traveled... yet, there are still whole days and seasons and times when I more fully understand the metaphor found in Matthew 13:45-46... especially verse 46. Maybe even more so on certain days... or sad days... or days where it is raining and it is a certain type of rain that evokes sadness, or cool mornings (like this one) which brings to my mind the fall season and special times in life.

It's sort of awful to reach an age where what was at one time recalled so easily and nothing seemed to escape my mind... now what I want to write only comes in snippets and fragments... if at all. Anyway, I wanted to end this blog wishing my friends and readers some kind sentiments from an old Irish saying I had read many years ago. However, only one line I can recall and it might not even be the exact wording, I don't know? Nonetheless, here is the part I remember and I wish it especially for any true friends I have. "...May the sun shine bright on your windowpane..." (Lol) I really do mean that, but, the single line seems silly now that I wrote it. The best I can remember though is that the entire rhyme was simply wishing a blessing for his friend. So, I wish that for you!