Thursday, June 07, 2012

JUST A LITTLE NEWS ABOUT SCHOOL

Thursday June 7, 2012 8:41 am

I have been mostly (non-stop) studying, typing, uploading... and being aggravated (in that order) since Monday. I think, or maybe I'm just being hopeful that if I can get this first week's work done (by Sunday 11:59 pm) that I will have a small jump toward next week as I can begin very early Monday getting it done. This week I was not able to start until late in the day Monday (because of work) and now I am still waiting on a book-store order (Criminology 105) to be delivered by FedEx. And that is before I can even get started on that class.

I leave for work in a few minutes and then I work both Friday and Saturday, before being off Sunday. If though my book is delivered today (?) I can get in a few hours over the next three days and work all day (if necessary) Sunday getting it done.

Three classes, because it is a summer term is forcing me to turn in 2 weeks work every week as it is still 16 weeks for each class... but I have just 8 weeks to get the work done: at the time I signed up I wasn't aware of that! Laura (my adviser) had told me a couple of months ago when I signed up that because they are hard that I should just carry one class for the summer term. In  my mind I was like... “Please... who do you think you're talking to?” (I decided three would be good!)

Of course, now I know that she was right and I'm an idiot!  As of this morning I have one class for this week complete... another class is also done, except for uploading an essay I wrote late last night on “The Argument Culture.” Then... I have all of the work still due for the material I am impatiently waiting for!

When I get home from work this evening (about 7:30) if my book hasn't come I will finish with the tenth sign and post that to my blog. If my book is here I will finish all of my work and then (hopefully) finish that series on The Second Coming by this weekend.

I sincerely hope that every person who might read this has had a better and less hectic week than I have. Monday after work until I finally crawled onto the couch to get a few hours sleep late this morning has been mostly a blur. It isn't just a lack of sleep for me either... I can do that part. The hard part for me is filling my mind with things I have either forgotten, or had never learned in the first place?

Perhaps by “proxy” you (reader's of this blog) can do a few things for me? Get a refreshing nap today... I might feel better? Do something fun... I might enjoy it?
See something beautiful... that might be fun for me? Eat something good... I might like it? Drink something very, very, strong... NO... don't really do that! (lol) Anyway, whether you are napping, doing fun things, or eating something great... think of me: because I'll be doing none of the above! Lol

I hope everyone who reads this has a wonderful and safe day today! See you next time (:

(I almost forgot... did all of you take some time this past Tuesday to see the transit of Venus? If you missed it I've got some bad news. You'll have to wait 105 years from today to see it again. I don't know about you, but sometimes because of my knee it hurts for me to get out of bed the very first thing in the morning. I mean, I'll be 161 years old when this happens again. I'll bet my knee really aches when I'm that age!)