Sunday, June 17, 2012

SHOULD I OR SHOULDN'T I?

Sunday June 17, 1:27 am

A few minutes ago I finished uploading my last paper for this week on a very boring peer-reviewed article I had for an assignment. The only thing left for this week is a lock-down test that we are allowed 2 hours and fifty minutes to complete. I am hoping that only means there is a lot of writing involved and not that there are a trillion questions on it. (I am planning to take that test tomorrow afternoon.)

 Now, for the main point of this morning's blog. Until now I have never removed a single blog after I had posted one: even though some I probably should have never written, or at least taken them down after I considered more carefully.

Although I have written a few dozen that I had no intention of ever posting. Those were either a practice in futility or good for my soul... I guess the jury is still out on that thought? Unless you are a late night, or early morning person... this is one post that might last no longer than whatever hours I will sleep until I am supposed to be awake.

It isn't that this one is particularly bad, or any more stupid than many others I have written. It is just that it allows a little more insight into the crazy thoughts which endlessly tumble through my disturbed mind.

Thursday morning I was working and I had a work companion tell me that she has never seen me upset... even while dealing with contentious people? I grinned while she was saying that to me and she said, "See, that's what I mean, you smile all the time, and even while talking to the worst people."

I told her that I had a "secret" and I might share it with her some day? I don't know if it was some sort of a test, trial, or just a happy accident, but the very next person I saw was extremely upset! In fact, she was so angry I think she was having difficulty trying to find the right words to describe her feelings. (Apparently she had not been able to find anyone to help her?)

As I approached: this person said to me... and I quote, "I'm so mad... I'm... I'm, getting bent!" (Those were her exact words.) As I usually do I began to smile and say the right words to try and placate her and to finally make the sale. With that little story in mind, I think I will let all of you know my secret and what I told my co-worker that I might let her in on one day?

Here is my secret: the reason I am able to smile and say "all the right things" even to the worst people, is that my words I am speaking and my thoughts in my head are going in opposite directions, and at the very same second.

All the time I am finding out what this lady needs by asking questions... my mind had been captured by her description that she is, "bent." Though I never gave voice to the thought, instantly I knew what had caused her to be "bent": hence, the reason I was smiling.

In my mind I am imagining trying to (patiently) explain to her exactly why she is bent? "Ma'am, (I'm thinking) the reason you are bent is that you are grossly overweight, and this has caused you to be somewhat bow-legged. In addition, your back muscles are too weak to support your ponderous stomach, therefore, you tip a little forward at the waist and it gives you that bent feeling."

I really don't know what else to say. It is just that things like that help me through my day (: