Tuesday, June 12, 2012

13 OF 14 ON THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST


Tuesday June 12, 2012 10:04 pm

I thought I would make one more post (with this the 13th one) and that will prepare the next post, which will be last one for this series on the Second Coming of Christ.

Before I do that I will give a brief update on my first week of being graded. So far... in one class I have an A with nothing missed. Another class with 4 tests taken, 5 writing assignments and a slew of articles submitted for peer-review in the Discussion Board... out of a possible 295 points, I have scored 292. So far, so good. Now, for the class that I thought I would be okay in and perhaps even excel? Ready? If I drop just one more point I will be at a “C.” That's right boys and girls... I am at the very bottom of a “B.” HAHAHAHAHAHA!

While still a young man I was actually bored with school work because it wasn't very challenging? I could miss school at will... hardly ever crack a book and still pass all of the exams rather easily. Today... right now, I am trying as hard as I can to keep up: yet, by next Sunday in that one class I might be no better than a “C” student!

Years ago I used to enjoy watching a show called “Branded.” It starred Chuck Connors and he was drummed out of the service because of a charge of cowardice under fire. Of course, the viewers all knew the charges were groundless, yet he never could clear his name. The opening scene was always the same. A superior officer with an apparently very sharp sword cutting away the buttons from his shirt. (I guess this act signified that he was branded?)

In much the same manner I am now expecting a visit from Ms Rudolph or someone like her demanding I return any and all paperwork from her organization which would show I am a member. Instead of a saber she would probably have sharp scissors in her hand as she turns my hard earned certificates into confetti. All the while shaking her head and looking woefully disappointed. I would probably be red-faced and stammering, “But, but... I tried my best, does that count for nothing?”

Because I apparently lack the needed skills in mathematics I have decided to introduce my own equation and name it after me. It is: (RJ=Stoopud²) Eat your heart out Diophantus! Move over Einstein... there's a new math whiz on the block and I am now starring in my very own equations! Although I think it's great fun (really) to learn my own limitations... if I really do dummy any of my classes to a “C” … I'm not sure I will think that is as funny as I do right now as I sit here and poke fun of myself. Lol

Alright, after this post... and most probably by the week-end I will type the 14th and last blog on this series that I have been working on.

Now, for the point of my next blog. There are a few books in the Old Testament with several verses that recorded there was going to be the Son of God born into the world. And, of course, we know that event took place 2,000 years ago. I am only wanting to make the point that a very small number of books and verses in the Bible spoke of His first Advent... and yet, that came to pass. By comparison, in the New Testament I found that 17 of the 27 books and 93 verses foretells His Second Coming! And, I am not stating or even implying that I found all of them. That list is just the ones that I searched and found in my own studies. Perhaps there are many more verses and books that I did not find? 

 
I am going to type just one more paragraph to show how I am going to make the case for the time-line of the history of the Earth. Then,  in my next blog I will continue with this list and also show some “clues” from the Bible and try to make a case as to why I believe we are nearing the very end-of-time.

Genesis 5:3: “And Adam lived an hundred and thirty years, and begat a son in his own likeness, after his image; and called his name Seth...” So far we have 130 years from Creation. (verse 6) “And Seth lived an hundred and five years, and begat Enos.” Now, we are in year 235. (130 for Adam and 105 for Seth)