Monday, November 12, 2012

SOMEONE IMPORTANT WAS BORN IN NOVEMBER 1955

 
Monday November 12, 2012 5:25 pm

I'll tell you about my title at the end of this blog (:  

Today I had only scheduled a half day (6-10) at work, so I was at first break by 7:50 am and I broke my late fast from yesterday with a “chocolate delight on a stick.” I guess I'm not 100% certain what it's called, but that's close enough...it was great! I had a sugar high for the next hour (: Now, I am off for two more days and looking forward to it! I wish I had noticed the temperature this morning before I left for work at 5:30... it felt nice and warm and I was wearing only a pullover shirt. (Actually, I had on pants also, my employer would frown on my attire otherwise.) However, as I was leaving work just 4 and ½ hours later it was raining and freezing! The temperature must have dropped 30 degrees... no kidding, and I could have used a jacket. Now, I'll tell you all about something really important, gifts!

Along with the very tasty food treats I got, I also received some other presents... regardless any person's age: presents are fun! So far, and it's still early (: I have gotten four novel-length books: that will keep me busy for awhile. And, because I like my drinks very cold my brother gave me a couple of metal straws as they are supposed to make your drink colder by using them. The only problem... straws are for girls. Lol

I also got a tape from him about the life of Tim Tebow, the Christian athlete. (I will try to watch that later today.) I have received many (very nice) cards and I even got one gift which might help me to avoid heart disease... now, if only I'll use it (: In addition, I got another oddity for my eclectic collection for my office... “E.” Because of this gift I have now relegated the gorilla I found on my short hike on the AT to my “boat shaped” shelf, and E is prominently displayed on my desk in the coveted area he vacated. She now sits beside my favorite fossil that I have left from my small collection. Although I called her a “she” … E, really appears to be androgynous. And before you ask, “Yes,” I peeked (:

She is sort of along the lines of Chris Crocker, or Pat from SNL. I mean, who can tell? This is beside the point, but when I thought of Pat I thought of a very funny line from one of the SNL skits. Someone was always coming up with different questions that they thought would cause Pat to reveal his/her gender? Anyway, in this skit the person asked, “What is Pat short for?” Of course they were hoping for an answer like Patrick or Patricia? Instead, Pat said, “Pat is short for, P-a-a-a-a-t!” Hahahahaha!

I think E is going to be sort of like the buckeye I used to carry when I was a young boy. (I'm from Ohio, so carrying a buckeye in one of your pockets comes pretty naturally.) Anyway, the buckeye went everywhere I went: so, I think E might be traveling around a lot? I have already had her on a short hike, and in my pocket during work. (Yep, I hope she likes to travel.) Anyway, I am confident that E is a “she” because as I am now looking at her more closely... her eyes are soft. Hopefully, in the future I will try and supply some pictures on this blog of her various travels?

After I got off work this morning I have been busy with a project I am attempting... and, taking the time to register for spring classes. Between the end of fall, December 13, and the beginning of spring classes there is just a few weeks break ): However, after that I get a nice long break until next fall, as I will never again be doing summer classes! For the spring semester I have signed up for Political Science and Sociology. Just from those two titles, I feel confident I will be able to have some fun debates with a few of the Online students (:

I hope all who reads this has a great day and I want to thank everyone for the gifts, and the cards. There is one (in particular) I have read over-and-over (:

Now, to that "important" person who was born in November 1955... it was Howie Mandell, born on the 29th. Fooled you, huh?