Saturday, October 27, 2012

VOTING FOR AN AGENDA... AND NOT A MAN

Saturday October 27, 2012 10:00 am


I haven't had a political blog in the last couple of years, but I think this one is important to show some marked differences between the two main agendas in this presidential race. I will only show the differences as they relate to Scripture... otherwise I couldn't care less if I were looking at this race from the perspective of a humanistic view. If you are a believer in Christ and you honestly expect one day to have to give an account to Him about your actions after salvation, (Romans 14:10-12) then you ought to read this blog. And I believe you ought to read, not because I am writing it: rather because I am only going to look at it from the concept of, “What saith the Lord?” In other words, I will break down both candidates agendas from the doctrines of the Bible.

It is also important to know that when you cast your vote on November 6 that you are not voting for either of the men to be your pastor... you are only voting for a political leader to head up the government. I first need to dispense with the often used and greatly misused idea that Christian's aren't supposed to “judge” other people. Of course, that sentiment is complete hogwash and is usually spouted by people with very limited knowledge of the Bible and it is one of the two or three catchphrases they know by rote, as they think it makes them sound knowledgeable about the things of God.

That particular thought about not judging is one that I usually hear spouted by lost liberals on the left trying to remind the born-again believers on the right that they should not “cast judgment” about their candidate. Then, after making that statement they “judge” the conservative on the ticket not worthy of their vote and they “judge” the lost liberal as worthy of their vote and they cast their ballot accordingly. So, keep in mind that as a born-again believer on your way to Heaven, or as one of the damned and only Hell awaits... if you have voted in the past or if you are voting in this year's election then you have “judged” between two candidates and have made a choice.    

Those people with spiritual discernment knows that the Bible never condemns judgment made by one man toward another, what is condemned is judging unfairly. Matthew 7:1 “Judge not, that ye be not judged.” (Evidently that is the only verse most lost people know. Sadly, even the spiritually weak believers seem to not know there is a verse number two which immediately follows the first and clarifies the matter.) Matthew 7:2 “For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.”

Again, the Bible further declares as it relates to God's people, “But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man. (I Corinthians 2:15) Before I begin I need to ask any person who reads this a question to consider. Which is more important? Is it more important for a man to say
the right thing or to do the right thing? If a choice were given, wouldn't all honest people have to admit that actions speak the truth, yet words are only words unless there is an action which follows and backs up the spoken word? To put it plainly, isn't any man just a liar and a hypocrite to say one thing and then to do the complete opposite?

Isn't that how God judges people? Does He not do it by their actions (works) and not by what they say. That's what the Bible means when it states that we will know people (sheep from goats) by their “fruit” or their “works” that they do. Please, if you are a sincere person and wanting to know the truth of how we are to rightly judge people then read the next few verses very carefully. They are the words of Christ and from those I will show you with historical evidence (his own words, writings, and actions) that our present Commander in Chief is in reality a wolf masquerading in sheep's clothing. Matthew 7:15-20 “Beware of false prophets, which comes to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit: but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.”

Throughout this blog I will be reminding you of two particular phrases from the above selection after I show certain actions from Obama. Those phrases will be, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit (and) Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

Now we all know that even a saved man is still a sinner and will always fail God in one way or another. So, when I list Obama's actions which are diametrically opposed to God, I am not listing them as I might try and record sins. Because everyone sins! What I want to do is to show that in Obama's life and actions almost all of his policies are in direct opposition to God. And it is not because he is a politician and he has to do that. I will show that in every area I am writing about that his predecessor in the White House was in accordance with God's Word on the exact same policies where Obama now defies God. In addition, Obama's opponent in the present race, though undoubtedly lost, has a markedly different agenda than does Obama, and Romney's agenda actually lines up with the Word of God.

I will begin with Obama and his personal history with abortion. You will see that he has a monstrous record on this subject. He is more vile in this area than any president in the history of our country... and I will prove that with his actions both before he was president and then after he attained that office. First, let's see what God says about people who practice this atrocity.

Do you believe God can hate? If you believe the Bible you would. The same Bible which states that He is love, in many places also states that He can hate. I am not an apologist for the Lord as apparently some preachers believe they are in the pulpit to be only that. There is such a thing as a perfect love... but there is also such a thing as a perfect hatred. Both of those things, at least for humankind is hard to achieve. Because many times when we love someone it still might not be with a perfect love because there might be something we feel for another person which also benefits ourselves... and that would make it less than a perfect love. On the other hand it is almost impossible to hate and do it with a perfect hatred, because we might hate and it could be because somehow we feel wronged... and again that would make it less than perfect. However, God has none of our human weaknesses so He is capable of loving and hating and He can do both to perfection. Before I explain, let me give you an example of perfect love. I will then follow that with another example also from the Bible of a perfect hatred. I need to explain this concept of God hating and with perfection in order to explain something about abortion.

I Samuel 18:1 “And it came to pass, when he had made an end of speaking unto Saul, that the soul of Jonathon was knit with the soul of David, and Jonathon loved him as his own soul.” Now, that is an example (humanly speaking) of a perfect love. That is... only wanting what is best for another and hoping to gain nothing from it other than to hear of their happiness.

Now, again (humanly speaking) I want to show an example of a perfect hatred. It also involves King David. David is in lamentation speaking against those who by their words and their actions are defying God. Psalms 139:20-22 “For they speak against thee wickedly, and thine enemies take thy name in vain. Do not I hate them, O Lord, that hate thee? And am not I grieved with those that rise up against thee? I hate them with perfect hatred: I count them mine enemies. Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.” Remember... “I hate them with perfect hatred” And the verses explain how that is possible. David hated the enemies of God... not for his own sake, but because he was grieved that their actions and words were against the God he loved!

I will now record a verse from God telling how He can also hate. After that I will end this first part and the next time I write I will pick up on this point and further explain something about God's nature and then I will begin speaking about abortion.

Sometimes people get hung up on the fact that a person uses the Old Testament in order to make a point and they are quick to remind everyone that we live in a different dispensation. Although I personally feel they lack greatly in understanding the Written Word... for their sake I will acquiesce and I will finish this first part with a verse from the New Testament as God is describing His love/hate relationship between two twin brothers. Before I type this verse will all of the God apologists please quit trying to explain away verses like this one while “pretending” to believe and accept other ones that you might actually like?

It is all one Bible! It is not a buffet meal where you can pick whatever it is that suits your fancy and leave the rest. Besides, at least for me and speaking about the Bible “it's all good!”

Romans 9:13 “As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.” Yes dear friends, that is God in His Holy Word describing a relationship between two boys and His feelings for each one.

I am writing this blog before the election so that all who reads will be able to make a more informed vote, and not necessarily between two men: rather between two opposing belief systems and the agendas those beliefs inspire. Hopefully, soon I will write part two of this blog.