Thursday, October 25, 2012

TEST, FALL COLORS, AND AN ELECTION

Thursday October 25, 2012 9:43 am

 
I just returned home from taking another proctored exam at school. I always try to set a score in my mind (beforehand) of what I believe I will get... and then I set another score that is the absolute bottom grade of what I believe I could accept? This test was in psychology and this is a class that I really enjoy. Not only is the material something I find fascinating, the instructor is remarkable as well.

It was another one hour and fifty minute timed test (involving 50 questions... with no essay) and because of that I felt I would do well. I finished it in 14 minutes. Then I rehearsed what I felt I had gotten right and in my mind I went back over the 11 questions I was in doubt and I figured if I only had gotten 60% of those correct... I would still come in at my higher number I had beforehand thought I would receive. I sat back and pressed “ok” to view results. WHAT!!! It was exactly 10 points less than what I felt I would have. Evidently I had missed almost every single question of those I had been in doubt. Every person who has ever taken any test where there are four possible choices knows that two of the choices are pretty much throw away and doesn't even need to be considered. So, that really only leaves two legitimate choices to make. It looks like I picked wrong every single time! I finished with a high “B” on the day, but for a class I really like and feel like I grasp the material well... it was disappointing.

The morning wasn't a complete loss because before I left the complex I shared a bagel and coffee with a girl from Cricket's. We talked about school and I learned she is majoring in business from Purdue. As we sat and talked I had a disquieting thought. With that school, and her field of study she might have been able to have taken the same test I had just completed... and without the troublesome aspect of study, perhaps she could have scored higher than I had? Thoughts like that will just about make a person's day (: We wished each other well and I decided to take the long drive home, and I'm glad I did.

I drove through the picturesque town of Hamburg and down 60 a lot of that road is lined with trees which are natural hardwoods and their fall colors are still spectacular!

I closed last night and again tonight I'll do the same. More and more I realize it isn't just the closings I abhor, because I really don't do that very often anymore, it is just the fact that I have grown weary with work in general. I keep praying for a particular candidate to win, and not for just one reason. In truth, the main reason I want my candidate of choice to win is because of the issue of abortion. However, there is a secondary reason as well. As far as business is concerned and my stock in the company I work for I believe his business acumen will cause our stocks to again return to a number they were at several years ago. And if that happens... I am getting out for good. Take the money and run... if you know what I mean. Lol

So, all I can say is... “Go Romney!”