Sunday, September 30, 2012

HAPPY 13th. B'AK'TUN, MINUS 82 DAYS... AND COUNTING!!!

Sunday September 30, 2012 9:48 am


Well, are you ready for the end of the 13th b'ak'tun on December 21 of this year? I don't know about you, but I can hardly wait. (At least for me, a much more important event happens just prior to this one... but, I can't talk about that here. Lol)


Honestly, assuming I'm still around I am going to have a big party to celebrate this non-event. Apparently the Mayans placed a lot of stock in 144,000 day intervals, which is approximately 394 years and would represent a single b'ak'tun. Assuming we have correctly translated their Long Count calendar the date the b'ak'tun we are counting from was August 13, 3,114 B.C. So, fast forward 13 b'ak'tuns later (13 was considered an important number for them... come to think of it, me too! Lol) and we arrive somewhere between 12/21 to 12/23 of this year.

If, like me, you would like to celebrate and have a party during that time... write to me (clarkmatthews1@aol.com) and we will make plans. I think it could be a lot of fun (: Where were you and what were you doing in preparation for the last non-event we had? Remember all of the dire predictions and what was supposed to happen as the clocks rolled over to January 1, 2000? Look for something very similar to happen when these dates roll past with nothing out of the ordinary happening. Of course, some will be disappointed while the rest will be saying, “See, I told you so.” Don't you just hate that group of people... the See I told you so group, they take all the fun out of things (:

I hadn't planned on writing this blog for another month or so, but I awoke this morning and thought I would go ahead and write it before I go out to begin work on my car. I have four days vacation left for this year and last week I put in for 12/20-12/23, so I can have a celebration during that time.

The reason I decided to write it now is that some who still reads what I write lives great distances away and it would be impractical to actually meet. But, I thought it might be fun to hook up via email or by phone? To date, this month the countries who have visited my blog are: Russia 58, Germany 18, Ukraine 7, Sweden 4, China 2, Columbia 1, United Kingdom 1, and the good ol' U.S.A. 525. I will probably write again as the date gets closer and at that time I will include my cell phone number for anyone who would like to call. I also checked and for last month there were three other countries and one of them was Iran. Iran, you're not invited... seriously (:

Hopefully, the first week of November I will be moving into the hi-tech world of text messaging. (lol) So, who knows... I might even decide to hook up a web-cam for anyone overseas who might like to join the party that way.

There is one other thing to consider. When I was young, and as boys sometimes our “play” could get pretty rough. So, I suppose I heard at least a hundred different variations to the saying, “... It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye...” theme. So, hopefully we will all have a great time celebrating this Mayan non-event? Unless of course, the Mayans were right and the world ends on that day. Then, won't I look silly (: