Monday, September 17, 2012

ODDS & ENDS II (:

Monday September 17, 2012 10:43 am (Happy birthday Trinity!)


Well, I'm sitting here and sipping on an icy cold 32 ounces Pineapple Surf (with energy boost) from Smoothie King... it's really good! I am supposed to be starting work today on my new school week and with a much easier schedule for the fall I can do my entire week's assignment in only two days: so, being off today and tomorrow you would think I would just go ahead and do it... right? No, think again (:

I am going to write and tell you something that happened to me this morning, just in case it shows up on t.v. But, I am going to work backwards... sort of? They have so many choices and I am never sure so I asked the girl at Smoothie King what her favorite drink was... it's what I am now drinking, and it is good. At the counter she slowly read what is written on my old gray t-shirt I had on. I-Wear-This-When-I-Just-Don't-Care. She asked me how often I wear this shirt? I said, “A lot of the time” ... we both laughed. (I get more remarks about this one shirt I wear than any other ten items combined.) 20 minutes before I arrived at Smoothie King I had left the school, but I'll tell you that last.

After dropping Deb off at the church this morning I headed to the Y. My goal was to lift a little and then swim one mile in the pool. After I got there and was dressing I began to rehearse in my mind all that I wanted to do today and I realized I wouldn't be able to spend a long time there if I was going to get everything else done... so, I skipped the gym but I did get in 30 fast laps: at least they were fast for me.

After showering I stepped outside to a warm steady rain. It felt really nice, so I walked slowly to my car. The sky is the type that always evokes so many memories for me. It was very pretty... maybe a leaden gray with what could be easily mistaken for ocean whitecaps on the horizon. Feeling really good I left the Y and drove to the school. The student parking lot was completely full and I had to park at an annex lot quite a distance from the main hall... this might have been fortuitous for me, although I'm not sure? Lol

I was walking at a brisk pace when I think... I came to a complete stop: I think? It's one of those situations where something so unexpected happens it's hard to remember exactly what I was doing. Maybe a hundred feet from the sidewalk I was on, a girl stepped out of a side door wearing jeans... and... and, nothing else. I started to say it was great, but I might get in trouble, so I won't say that (:

She stood there for just a few seconds and then turned and went back inside. It's funny the thoughts that go through your head. My first thought was maybe it was one of those shows where they try to capture people who don't know they are being filmed? Then I thought, maybe I didn't really see it at all... but, there were two guys with shovels and apparently working on a sidewalk and they were maybe 100 feet or so the other side of where the girl had been, and I noticed they were both still staring at the (now) vacant door... so they had seen her also.

In the late '60's and early '70's I was at many concerts where a lot of the girls were apparently proud of what the Lord had given them and didn't mind showing it... maybe that was this girls idea also... I don't know? Now, you might be wondering why I just didn't turn away: well, truth-be-told, I did turn away. I turned away after about 60 seconds when it became obvious she wasn't coming back out. lol

The only good thing about it is if I show up on one of those shows on t.v. at least I won't be dressed like The People of Walmart videos. Thankfully, though my t-shirt is ratty and worn, it is clean and I had just showered. One more thing, she had blond hair and bare feet. (I'm telling you that so you will know that at least I didn't just stare at one spot.)

After while I have to go to Mom's Music and then after that to Louisville to see someone. I think instead of sometimes going through life daydreaming instead of paying attention to my immediate surroundings: at least for today, and for some strange reason, I am going to pay attention to what's out there, who knows what all a person might see in this crazy old world.

I hope everyone has a great day!!!