Monday, September 24, 2012

SOMEONE FROM A FLYOVER STATE JUST WANTS TO SAY, "HI."

Monday September 24, 2012 7:47 am

 
Probably it was my fever... regardless, I had such unusual and vivid dreams last night. In Psychology this past week we were studying dreams and what some believe they are? Because I couldn't return to sleep after awaking I have been sitting here at my desk for the past several hours and doing my school work for this new week. As soon as 8:00 arrives (because we can't upload anything for the new week until this time each Monday) I will upload all of my work for my class in psychology and I will only have Criminology to do any studies for this week. That is one advantage to not feeling well... and waking early: I should have all of my school work done for the week by the end of this day (:

Usually whenever I am doing work at my keyboard I have my iPod playing and I am listening to music. I have always been a fan of music, but not all types and all artists: however, a few minutes ago I was listening to Harry Connick Jr. sing “Only You.” Normally he is one of those artists that I am ambivalent toward, yet, he just finished singing and I thought he did a really good job with that song. It's hard to listen to that song and not picture being with someone you love and holding them while slow dancing. (I like Jack Johnson, and he is now singing “Better Together.”)

Virgil is looking at me with his soulful eyes... I wish I knew what he was thinking whenever he does that. Sometimes I make guesses and imagine he wants to walk or play: but, of course they are only guesses. It might be nothing more than the fact that he might still be sleepy and wants me to lay down with him? Thinking about him I thought I would include a cute poem about love and friendship

You can't buy loyalty, they say,
I bought it though, the other day;
You can't buy friendship, tried and true,
Well just the same, I bought that too.
I made my bid, and on the spot
Bought love and faith and a whole job lot
Of happiness, so all in all
The purchase price was pretty small.
I bought a single trusting heart,
That gave devotion from the start.
If you think these things are not for sale,
Buy a brown-eyed puppy with a stump for a tail.

There was an instrumental just playing and I was liking it so much I wanted to see a video clip of it and I just finished watching it. Alison Krauss & Union Station performing “Cluck Old Hen.” They really are a talented group!

Well, I have been stalling long enough... and it is getting close to the time I will be able to start uploading some work to school. I hope everyone has a great day today (: 

I really love the song now playing... "Somewhere Over The Rainbow" by, Isreal Kamamawiwo'ole. He had such a soft voice for such a big man.