Friday, October 05, 2012

PROBABLY NOT A GOOD "JUNKIE"

Friday October 5, 2012 2:50 pm

Earlier today I was at the dentist's office and after they were done she said my mouth and jaw would probably be very sore so she prescribed two different pain medications for me. One of them I had used before: Ibuprofen 600mg. The other pain reliever I have heard of them... but I had never before taken them: Lortabs

Before I transferred from Kentucky to Indiana on my present job there were two young guys fired, and a couple of supervisors demoted because they were all involved in either buying or selling that particular drug.

Anyway, maybe I was expecting too much... but I took one of them a couple of hours ago and all that it seemed to do for me was to make me very sleepy, and I was able to get an enjoyable, albeit brief nap as I found that I must have drifted off while lying on the couch.

I really can't imagine anyone would pay more money than what I paid at the drugstore with my prescription. Yet, I overheard one of the boys telling someone how much he had just sold 25 of them to one of the other workers. Crazy! So, I suppose I probably wouldn't be a very good junkie if that is the only effect you get from taking these? Come to think of it though... maybe they would work well for me if I am only needing to get some sleep?

20 minutes ago I came in to do some school work on my computer only to learn that the "blackboard 9.1" system we use for on-line classes is down. Because of that I thought I might waste some time (which I am usually loathe to do) and write a brief blog. Twice, while typing this I thought it felt like something (small) was crawling on my neck: however, I reached up and touched the spot and could find nothing. Several seconds ago I did it again and I brushed a small spider onto my leg. Not being an arachnologist I had no idea what type... only small and gray/black. Anyway, I only meant to flick him (or her... I didn't look that closely (: off of my leg but I must have done it too hard. Because I now have a small blood dot on the left leg of my new blue shorts ):

Since I can not do work for school, and because I feel like I need to be doing something... I believe I will go outside and change the inner-tube for my bike's rear tire. I must have picked up a nail or something while riding yesterday and I ended up walking the bike back home. All-in-all... I hope all who reads this is having a better last couple of days than I have had (: