Sunday, November 04, 2012

VEGGING OUT

Sunday November 4, 2012 7:33 am

 
I don't know about you, but I don't feel like I got an extra hours sleep? I think maybe it was because I might have stayed up an extra hour before going to bed? Yesterday I also did something I usually don't like to do? Have you ever lost a day... by doing mostly nothing?

Several years ago I watched Juiia Roberts in a movie (Pretty Woman) and I ended up doing what she said she wanted to do. I suppose when you are younger, maybe a few days like that in life are okay? However, when you are older and the time you have left is much shorter... well, to “veg-out” is not the wisest thing any person could do.

Friday night we had two of our grandsons and one granddaughter over for the night. So, yesterday morning I awoke them early and took everyone to breakfast, then I ran a couple of errands and I returned home. After that I did not ride my bike, or take a hike, nor even walk Virgil! Instead, I mindlessly sat on the couch and watched two complete football games... something I have not done in many years. I also watched one forgettable and two, just 'okay' movies: Man on a Ledge, and ATM.

Now, sitting here at my desk my eyes feel grainy and I don't even have the energy to get ready for work? One might imagine that mostly sitting all day and doing next to nothing would be restful, but it isn't. So, given a choice of sitting and doing almost nothing to occupy both mind and body, or finding something fun to do, especially if you could do whatever it is with the one you love? Well, in my humble opinion you ought to always do the latter. Just sayin'.

I hope that if you are fortunate enough to be off work today that as you are enjoying your day you will think of me... at work, and definitely not enjoying my day (:

One more thing. Recently I wrote a four part post on why those who are saved should never vote for Obama. I did not receive a single email from that series: however, I did get a few calls and I had several discussions about it with family, two people from church, and some people I work with.

There was one person (in particular) who was concerned for me and expressed something specific which might happen to me if the American voting bloc is so ignorant, and foolish enough to put him back into office?

So, I will answer her concern this way. "Yes, if Obama (the son of the white atheist Dunham) who is a sodomite loving, baby murdering, Jew hating, son of the devil gets reelected... then yes, I will be expecting a tax audit this new year." (: