Monday, March 18, 2013

APPARENTLY LITTLE HAS CHANGED :) PLUS VIDEO

 
Monday March 18, 2013 5:14 am, 3:35 pm

I was awoken about 30 minutes ago by the sounds of a thunderstorm :) I sort of like that because it means that springtime is almost here. Even now as I type this I can hear the sounds of thunder... a low and long rumble... it's nice.

So far with my extra workouts I am beginning to lose again after having been stuck at a certain weight loss. Once again it's encouraging for me. I wanted to pass a story on to you, my readers, that I have only told one other person. It's nothing really it is just that Saturday I was watching what I should not have been, and wasn't watching what I should have been and I nearly fell after tripping on the edge of a curb. The reason I am writing this is to tell everyone a story that to the best of my knowledge I have never told before told anyone else. Again, it's nothing big I just guess it had never come up before... but the event on Saturday afternoon caused me to once again remember it.

I was probably 14 or 15 years old? I only know that I was not yet 16 else I would not have been walking because I never walked anywhere after I was legally able to drive. (Other than one time after I got my driver's license and on purpose I had gone for a very long walk, but that was to sort of punish myself for something stupid I did.) Anyway it was summertime and I was walking in north Parkersburg to go and see my mom, she worked at the N.E.T.

For some reason the traffic on that two lane road was at a snail's pace and I was on the sidewalk and I was actually walking faster than the cars were moving. I looked over and a pretty young girl was in the backseat of an old car and all the windows were down. In the front seat was a man driving and a woman was beside him. I guess they might have been her mom and dad? She and I made eye contact and we smiled at each other. Immediately I slowed down and kept pace with her car and we just made eyes at each other and both of us kept smiling yet neither one of us said a word.

I moved to the curb and began inching along there and she turned her head toward me and rested her chin on her arms and just kept smiling. Now, we were close enough that if she would have reached for me our fingers would have touched. I remember I was going to say something... maybe ask her name I don't know? But all of a sudden out of the corner of my eye I saw something that looked like it was going to hit me and instinctively I threw my right arm up to protect my face, and that's when I walked straight into a telephone pole! Seriously!

Probably there were two things that stopped me from getting knocked out. One, I was walking slow and secondly when I threw my arm up it was now between my head and the pole when I hit it. Talk about feeling stupid :) The car with her in it soon picked up speed and moved on and as far as I know I never saw her again. I guess when I have often said that I never grew up... I really do mean that.

Jean-Baptiste famously opined, “The more things change the more they remain the same. I guess that in my life that is so very true: for in a sense, I have been walking headlong into poles because of pretty girls for as long as I can remember. 

Well, I hope all my friends and those I love has a wonderful day today. This evening when I get home from work I will upload my video.