Thursday, March 14, 2013

VIRGIL AND PI -- 3.14 & 10 TRILLION AND STILL COUNTING :)

 
Thursday March 14, 2013 5:42 am

This morning I would just like to say, “Happy 12th birthday to my little man... Virgil!” He is standing beside me as I type this short blog. Just as I wrote that he lay down... partly on his little stuffed tiger :)

I was wanting to record today's video with him in it and I am still planning to do that, but it is dark outside and I will have to wait until it is light enough to record. I bought him a small stuffed animal for him to play with and I am uploading two pictures of him with that.

The first picture he had just carried it from the living room where I gave it to him to my office and he dropped it there. Now, as I finish this part he is snoring deeply. I hope everyone who reads this has a really good day today.












It's hard to imagine how much time has passed since Virgil was given to me as a gift. To try and put into perspective how much time has elapsed... the terrorist attacks of September 11 were still several months away. (Job was right, the days of man upon Earth do pass more swiftly than, "... a weaver's shuttle..." and the end of that verse is also very true.

Of course, my title has to do with Virgil's birth-date, (March 14 -- 3/14) the sixteenth letter of the Greek alphabet... and the fact that Pi appears to be infinite? The last time I read anything about it the fastest super computers in the world has extended the decimal representation of Pi to more than ten trillion and still there is no end in sight and apparently no repeating pattern!