Saturday, August 16, 2014

OH, TO BE A KID AGAIN :)

Saturday August 16, 2014 6:09 am

It's early and I found it hard to sleep so I thought I would come into my little office and read or work on some papers? First though I looked in on the girls.

Deb was sound asleep on the couch so I checked in on our two oldest granddaughters... Rachel and Morgan. Both had recent birthdays so Deb had planned a night where they could sleep over together and have pizza and movies and stay up as late as they wanted.

I looked in about fifteen minutes ago and they had covers pulled up to their necks so all I could see was their pretty faces, and both had big grins... WIDE AWAKE and still watching movies! I told them the time and they chimed in, "We know," and laughed and their eyes both turned back to the tv. They seemed excited to have bested a long night without sleep :) I suspect they will (once they do fall asleep) sleep until late in the day.

I guess that's just another sweet perk to being a kid... options. They will be able to sleep in... me, not so much. Once I'm up I will just be up until time to go to work in a few hours.

Speaking of work I'm now on my fifth week of riding my bike to and from work. Even though I ride quite a bit on my off days I do think my legs feel stronger from just adding this daily ride to my routine. It's only nine miles so it's not like it's a marathon distance, but there are several long hills on the route I travel so it's isn't an easy ride either.

Last evening though was the first time I took glasses with me for the ride home. Last night I closed again so it was about midnight when I was riding home and I realized from my last few rides that late at night I don't see all that well when it is really dark outside, so the glasses did help.

Well, I only started writing this morning to say something about the girls so I'm going to end this now. I hope any who reads this has a good day.