Friday, June 06, 2014

ONCE MORE UNTO THE BREECH, DEAR FRIENDS, ONCE MORE...


Friday June 6, 2014 11:53 am

A few weeks ago when I posted my last blog I had no real intention of writing again: in reality I had made no decision to stop either... I was just uncaring either way: to write or not?

Sometimes things happen in life and we make conscious decisions and choices which lead us down uncertain paths: in turn those choices caused me to lose interest and just decide that I was no longer going to waste anymore of my time by writing. (As I now had other interests to pursue.)

With those few thoughts in mind I thought that today I would waste a little bit more of my life and yours, if you read this, and catch up whoever is reading any of this crap I write with a few things I have planned. (At the end of this blog this morning is the real reason I am writing today as I would like to once again ask a favor of any readers who might read this and actually be saved and who might know how to pray expecting real results.)

I scheduled this day off a couple of months ago as there is something I have planned to do later tonight. Also in about 90 minutes I begin a new exercise regimen with a friend and with a specific goal in mind... the John Muir Trail. This one I think is achievable for me as it can be done in only about three weeks: 211 miles. The Appalachian Trail for me is just one of my many pipe dreams that will never happen. I just do not have the opportunity to leave work for six months and still try to honor my other commitments. Three weeks though is doable for me, but even that will have to wait until sometime next year as I already have most of my vacation days scheduled for other things this year.

Now, to my request... first though, a story. My youngest daughter was only about four at the time and she had heard others call me Rob, or Robin. Even though she knew better than to use my first name because I had told her before she could not address me as others do because she was my child... yet, one day she decided to try. Instead of calling me Dad or Daddy when she wanted something from me she called me “Robin.”

I had already planned for this eventuality as I decided I would do exactly what God does to us when we completely disobey Him... I ignored her completely. I did not rebuke her or scold her, I just simply ignored her. For several minutes she walked around me calling my name as I continued what I was doing, but I acted as if she just didn't exist. She tried over and over and over to get my attention... but, she was invisible to me.

Finally, I could hear real panic in her voice and she cried out, “Daddy!” I looked concerned like it was the first time I heard her talk to me and I lifted her little chin with my hand and said, “What is it Pumpkin?” I saw relief flood her face... and she never again tried to disobey me in that same way. Naturally I had heard her all along, but I would not answer her until she did what I had told her to do, which is the same way God treats us.

If there can ever be a problem from me having read the Bible too much it might be only this: the number of verses which immediately floods my mind to show my complete hypocrisy. Matthew 15:8: “ This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.” (Have you done that? Sing and honor Him with your lips... but live like the devil in your real life.)

Luke 6:46: “And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?” (If He were really your Lord... would you sin the sin you are sinning.)

John 9:31: “Now we know that God heareth not sinners: but if any man be a worshipper of God, and doeth his will, him he heareth.” (Notice... not just a worshipper... but, DOETH his will are the only ones He hears.)

Even now at least ten other verses are in my mind which all teach the very same truth. God ignores us completely and does not hear our prayers and cries when we are knowingly, openly, and willfully ignoring His written commands.

Yet, whenever we want or need something from Him which He alone can give, then we pretend piety and godliness and we promise we are quitting certain sins. But, He knows we are liars (because He sees our future) and sadly He watches us fulfill again, and again, and again, to infinitum... Proverbs 26:11: “As a dog returneth to his vomit, so a fool returneth to his folly.” You would think as nasty as vomit is... which God depicts here as our sins: that we wouldn't want to get on our knees and lick it up, but that is EXACTLY what we do!

There is a reason I'm telling you this... is has to do with my request I would like to now make. There was a time in my life when I could pray and expect real results, but I had a real faith and I was in no open sin... that is sin which is hidden to the world but of course open to God. So now, if I need something from Him I try and encourage others to pray about it because they might not be living as a hypocrite? We somehow foolishly believe it makes us OK because others around us think we are real... God doesn't though: He knows us!

So, if you are anything like me then you ought to quit pretending and wasting your breath and quit asking because He simply is not listening to you. Psalms 66:18: “If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me:”

Proverbs 1:23-30: “Turn you at my reproof: behold, I will pour out my spirit unto you, I will make known my words unto you. Because I have called, and ye refused; I have stretched out my hand, and no man regarded; But ye have set at nought all my counsel, and would none of my reproof: I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh; When your fear cometh as desolation, and your destruction cometh as a whirlwind; when distress and anguish cometh upon you. Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer; they shall seek me early, but they shall not find me: For that they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the Lord: They would none of my counsel: they despised all my reproof.


(Can you imagine God, who we think of as only loving and kind actually laughing at us when we cry to Him. Yep, it's because we did not fear Him and we did not turn away and stop our sinning when He commanded us to do that. Now, according to the Bible which believers say they believe... it is now His turn to mock us when we cry to Him. You see, it's our open sin that constantly mocks God... and He hates that!)

Without a Concordance or a Google search I could add another dozen verses and passages and all of them say the same thing... God simply does not hear a person who is dishonoring Him with their own (known) selfish sins: period!

So, if you, like me, are in reality nothing better than a “vomit licking dog” you ought to stop wasting your breath, and even your tears and turn to others who are real in their faith and ask them to pray for your needs. Then, if prayers get answered you can pretend in your heart as I have done that He still listens to you. Believe me... it's just the coattails of real believers that you are riding on.

With those thoughts in mind if you are saved, and you are actually living like it in your daily life... would you please pray for someone my wife told me about a few minutes ago, and who is in dire need of prayer. And, “Please” ... I'm only asking for prayer from those who are sincere believers and whose lives reflect their stated belief. Thanks.