Saturday, May 17, 2014

PRAYER... THAT IS SIMPLY, "ASKING AND RECEIVING."


Saturday May 17, 2014 5:57 am

Her essay about the wedding ring was short. Kerr wrote: "Things are just things - they have no power to hurt or to heal. Only people can do that. And we can all choose whether to be hurt or healed by the people who love us."
That was all.
And that was everything.” (Jack Canfield)

Before leaving for work this morning I wanted to ask that any who reads this to please offer prayers for a couple of people I know and love. One, in need of prayer is a family member and the other is my dear friend. 

There are many types of being hurt and needing to be healed. I'm not sure which is the most grievous? To be hurt physically or emotionally... I do know though which one takes the longest to heal, and it isn't the physical one.

I have an immediate family member who has been seeing doctors trying to find out what she has been suffering from... and is in need of prayer. My friend has been sad because of those she loves being ill... she too is in need of prayer.

So, as I was thinking these thoughts I remembered a part of a poem on healing I wanted to include in my blog. I began searching for it with just a few key words I could remember, but I never found it. Instead I found this quote from a book (Chicken Soup) and I liked it very much and decided to add it to my blog this morning.

Therefore, if you read this and would like to offer prayers for those I love I would like that very much! However, even without that and especially because of this nice quote I found I decided to be my own answered request because I already know and love certain ones who are in special need of prayer... so, I will continue praying for them myself.