Saturday, May 10, 2014

NEW 'FIRSTS'


Saturday May 10, 2014 7:14 am

This past week I had three firsts for me. Two I have now completed and one is set for a few months away. The one in the future I signed up for my first Gran Fondo bike ride... this one is 120 miles. This week I was also gifted with a very nice gift box of ten higher end cigars and my (second) first of the week for me I smoked my first Cuban cigar. (The Cubans had been ordered before the trip to Hilton Head but they didn't come in on time so we were able to smoke some really good cigars while there but we waited until we came home to smoke the Cuban cigars.)

The Cuban cigars and wrappers came in a few weeks apart and were purposefully separated in order to get past Customs... otherwise they would have been confiscated. I also had one other first for me this week. (This year and hopefully now for the rest of my life I am trying to be more about doing many other new things for me.)

I have a few nice things coming up this year already planned with many other things I also want to try. Last week I ordered a couple of tickets for a concert next month that I'm looking forward to attending. Then later this Fall my wife will be in Florida for a couple of weeks and I am staying home to attend our dogs but I also took that time off from work so I can do a few things I have in mind, but I will stay closer to home so I can still (daily) be back to take care of them.

In late December (24, through Jan. 4) I am taking 10 days off and going to New York to be at Time's Square for the New Year's celebration. A few of my firsts I will be able to write about and a few I won't... but I'm hoping to enjoy each and every one!












These cigars are really nice and I wanted to show them but I purposefully held my arm this way to show my latest tattoo now that it is completely healed. Well, I'm sipping my ACV and now finishing up this typing so I can shower and get ready for work... I'm off tomorrow, thank God!

I hope all who reads this has a really good day today!