Thursday, December 24, 2015

NS=B... (NO SLEEP = BLOG) ... SOMETIMES

December 24, 2015 2:30 am

It's early... again :(

I'm certain I could probably sleep whenever I cannot: at least it seems like there are many times that if I could just close my eyes I could sleep? Yet, when I am at a place and (or) time when I really could sleep... I cannot. I wonder why?

So, mostly I lay in the dark and just think about everything! However, through the years I have found that's not good because being all alone in my head, and with my thoughts... well, it can be a pretty scary place :)

So, I try to read, or watch tv, or listen to a certain radio station, or there are times that I just scroll through news stories. Then, there are mornings like this one and I go back and read through many of my favorite poems. After that I usually search for any new ones I might like?

The latter is usually futile for me as it seems like all of the good bards who penned anything worth reading more than once are all long time deceased, and that from mere decades to many centuries gone.

Perhaps it is the aforementioned tv, Web, radio, etc. etc. etc. that so captures our minds and attention that there really aren't many good writers left who write anything worth reading. Apparently we are all creatures of our environment and no one really has many deep thoughts, at least poignant enough and worth putting on paper: I suppose that is why our classic writings are from the past, and contrary to what I sometimes see in print. I know of no, 'instant classics' either. I, for one, certainly cannot envision a future date where the modern drivel I read will ever be considered something worthy of preserving. 

Typically the new poems I read tonight were all bad, the news stories were also mostly discouraging... except for one clip I watched about a nervous and shy dog being rescued from a shelter and his great excitement! That was worth watching I think... other than that though, nothing worth reading or seeing.

So, just in case there are more people out there who (like me) waste their time and their nights reading things not worth reading... I give you this night's blog to add to the drivel and general dearth of what passes for "writing."

I think I'm going to go now and shower and then probably go for a car ride and see some of the other zombies who are usually out in the early hours of the morning. Then, perhaps, watch the Sun rise on this Christmas eve 2015!

This morning here is my sincere hope for those I love most and think about always: that even now all are peacefully sleeping, and as a bonus... I pray each are having sweet dreams!

And for the rest of you out there who are like me... I really don't care to be the bearer of bad news, but I'm much afraid there is little hope for any of you. Nonetheless, and in spite of that truth, I do want to wish each and everyone who reads this blog a very merry Christmas!

And in the words of the inimitable Tiny Tim, (the only 'Tim" I have ever known who was worth knowing) "God bless us, everyone!"