Thursday, August 25, 2016

Inane... completely inane!

Thursday August 25, 2016 10:06 pm

I finished showering a few minutes ago and was sitting (bored watching an old Hitchcock move... Marnie) and decided to type a blog. Although I am still listening to the tv play as it is just off to my left. Sean Connery, by phone, is just now learning a little of Marnie's dark past as a small child. Off to my immediate right, Joe our black Bully, is up on an overstuffed chair with his two front paws on the arm and his nose keeps brushing my hand as I hunt-and-peck across my keypad.

Him doing that makes me feel nostalgic for Virgil, as 13 years ago and hour-by-hour and day-by-day I typed my first (failed) novel with Virgil either by my side, or literally laying on my feet. At times when Joe does things like this, straining to get my attention, I feel guilty as I can't love him like I did Virgil. But he is a sweet little guy. And to be completely fair, it's hardly his fault he isn't Virgil.

At least three times since I started this I have stopped to rub my face. Tonight, before showering I closely shaved my face... I haven't done that in a very long time! Anyway, my face feels smooth and soft! lol

And before you think anything... my title already warned you this blog was going to be inane. Therefore, if you have read this far then it is more your fault than it is mine. At least that is my story and I am sticking to it.

One more thing... yesterday morning I awoke about 4:00 am from a sad dream. I didn't know it was sad while I slept, I only recognized it was sad after I awoke.
I haven't had one like that in awhile.

Goodnight :)