Monday, April 20, 2020

TOO MUCH TV

Monday April 20, 2020 10:25 pm

I have a couple of anniversaries coming up in a week... but at this point I don't have any plans blogging in detail about either one of them.

Suffice it to say that in a week one of them will be that I will have been retired two years... and in that time (for certain) I've watched a lot of late night tv that I hadn't watched before retiring. And now, since all of this nonsense first started I have refused to stay home, finding something to do that involves multiple daily trips. Yet, even though I apparently get out much more than the vast majority of people I have found that at home I'm watching an inordinate amount of tv!

I think I've binge-watched just about every single British crime drama series on Netflix! For some reason I like how those shows are written more than their American counterparts. I suppose we must all find ways to fill our time, but I
am confident that early morning hours spent in a darkened room watching series which ended years ago is not the best use of anyone's time.

I even have a handful of new books I recently obtained and I haven't cracked open a single one of them yet. I have recently finished several projects that I had been wanting to start. Now though I need to get more material to make more things, but the second hand shops, flea markets, etc. are all closed and that's where I buy what I need to refurbish and remake the things I like.

Right now I'm in my office typing on my laptop, behind me an FM station is playing oldies and a foot to my right I have a tv tuned on and I'm flipping back and forth between Hannity and a slutty sitcom, Mom. Yep, more evidence of time well spent.

Anyone out there who is as bored as I am I hope you find better ways to spend your time than I have. I also hope you all have a nice evening.