Friday, July 22, 2011

Juicing ... continued

NEW BLOGS FOR DAYS 12 - 20 WILL BE WRITTEN BELOW THIS ONE... NOW READY -- SATURDAY/SUNDAY/MONDAY JULY - 23/24/25


Friday July 22, 2011 7:07 am

DAY 11

I have been averaging nine pounds lost per month since January one of this year. I have done that simply by exercising more and eliminating certain foods from my diet. I have tried (for the last ten days) to do a "juice fast" where I have been drinking a lot of my food. There were only three of the last ten days where I drank my food exclusively. The other seven days I juiced meals but ate other foods also.

Even doing it that limited way in the last ten days of doing this I dropped six more pounds. If you project that for 30 days then that would equal 18 pounds lost per month which is exactly double what I have accomplished so far without juicing. So, I have to say that this does work... even though I have not done it the way it is recommended: that is, do only juice for at least ten day increments.

Because I have found this does work... I will continue what I have been doing and will keep everyone updated on how long it takes me to reach my ultimate (physical) goal to reach 180 pounds and maintain my weight at that point. When I do reach that milestone... I will post some before and after pictures.

I saw a comedy last evening and as soon as I understood the premise I knew it was going to end either good, or very badly. Sometimes in a movie I pick either the guys side or the girls side to root for one of them. This time I chose the guys side and I was mostly irritated with the girl throughout: it took awhile, but it ended well (:

(The movie was called, No Strings Attached.)

DAY 12 -- SATURDAY JULY 23 ... 6:00 PM

I had a rather eventful day today and more planned on Monday. Once everything is done I will post some things about it. I am in that mode of doing dome things which will ultimately be life-changing again... but, I feel I am ready: past ready actually! (:

The weather is very hot and I haven't felt like riding after getting in from work... so my weight is holding where it was. As soon as I can get back on my bike and continue eating (juicing) correctly I am hoping to drop more, and quickly.

DAY 13 -- SUNDAY JULY 24 ... 8:15 AM

Several people in our immediate family have been "juicing" (at least) some of their meals. Missy, my middle daughter, is the only one so far who has juiced exclusively all of her meals. Yesterday was the end of her first ten day period and she dropped exactly 14 pounds in that time period. So congratulations to her!

With that great beginning her plan is to now "juice" some of her meals and eat other ones. At different times in this blog as I tell you about my own goals and how close I might be to achieving them, and I will also give updates on others in the family and how they are progressing with their own goals while juicing.

DAY 14 -- MONDAY JULY 25 ... 8:03 AM

Before going to bed last evening I had planned to write this morning about something I had written about on my blog of the 12th. Then, I was dumb enough to fall asleep (: So, this morning's blog won't have anything to do with juice, fasting, or what I had mentioned on my blog of two days ago.

Instead, I just have a question for you. Have you ever had a dream that causes your heart to hurt even hours after you are awake? I suppose within seconds of being awake you know it isn't real, but... now two hours later I still can't shake it. I had been praying not to have any more dreams like those as I am always troubled afterward. I suppose I should have known better though. Today probably won't be much fun ):