Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Time Is Growing Short

Tuesday August 16, 2011 9:50 am

A little while ago I finished a very good bike ride on this crisp and beautiful morning. I followed that by a complete workout at home with my weights and I am now sipping on my early juice for this morning as my reward. Today's "mean-green drink" I juiced consists of a bunch of kale, 3 stalks of celery, one apple, 1/2 lemon, a piece of fresh ginger-root, and 1/2 of a large cucumber... mmmmm, good!

I have 88 days until my birthday and I want to have all of the physical goals I set for myself on January 1 of this year accomplished. Originally I had given myself the full calendar year to get everything completely done... now though, I am a little more impatient to finish. Besides, I would like to have a piece of chocolate cake for my birthday as a reward for my efforts. So... I have to work even a little harder to make certain I am there at that time. Right now I have 30 days until my first iron-man sprint and 60 days until I am back on the trail at Burnheim. Hopefully, if all goes well, I will post some before and after pictures on November 12.

I was never a big fan of being shirtless even when I was a younger man and could have gotten away with it. That being said... I might? I might? I might...do that then for this blog. The biggest deterrent though for me not doing that is an old joke I first heard about 20 years ago from Drew Carey in one of his stand-up comedy routines. He talked about an old guy strolling the beach with out a shirt and wondering aloud ... "Where are all the girls?"

And Drew said, "They are all over in the bushes puking their guts out!" (lol) Pretty funny stuff!

Anyway... at that time if I am either brave or stupid enough to do that... I will post a warning at the top of the blog so you can either skip that post or get ready to run to the bathroom (:

As an aside I will tell you that the juice I made this morning actually tastes rather good... but the color of it is a sickly green and it leaves a skim on the inside of the glass tumbler... yuck. I just realized that as I finished it off (: