Friday, July 13, 2012

Good Morning!!!

Friday July 13, 2012 6:23 am


I awoke at 3:18 this morning and couldn't fall asleep again so I thought I would write. I still had two assignments left for the week and I decided I would finish those. They are both for English and one is my thesis paper, a 2,500 word document on abortion and that was followed by a 500 word... five part outline, about how I would solve this issue in our country. Yeah, right!

Anyway, I just finished those and now I am REALLY awake and I figured I would pester any of you who might be awake, either because of insomnia, else, you are in a different time-zone and it's time to be up anyway. So... how is everyone? You know, mom and dad... the kids? (Give me a break... I'm trying to be folksy this early morning.) 


I have a doctor's appointment in a few hours... nothing serious, just a follow-up to one I had about a month ago. That last one I was having a few places "frozen" that were "suspicious?" Apparently I was in the Sun far too much when I was younger. I do have a question for any one who is in the know? Why do they call that stuff they do... "freezing," when it burns like the fires of Odin! (There is some news I have for the doctor though, as he is examining my body if he ever finds anything "suspicious" on me where, "the Sun doesn't shine." Well, trust me... he ain't freezin' nothin' down there! He can put that can back into his pocket and go on his merry little way.)

The spots he froze(?) ... burned(?) looked for about three days like I had been stung by the hugest wasp God ever attached wings to its body. (Although, "hugest" is a real word... I used it because it sounds like something one of my grandkids would make up to describe something really big!)

Well, now that I am done for this week, I only have two more weeks of school and I will be done... not only for this summer semester, but for all future summer semester courses as I have no intention of ever taking another one again in my lifetime! In fact, I am setting myself up for something very easy over the course of the next four years. Once I am finished with everything I am presently doing I will have 13 hours... and I need 61 hours to get my degree. Because I am in no hurry, beginning with spring of next year I am only taking 12 credits per year and that will give me the balance of what I will need for my degree. Ahhh, as far as school is concerned from this point and forward it will be the life of Riley for me.

I think there is another reason I started that last sentence with... "ahhh." I was typing with one hand on the keypad and I was taking a long drink from a tall glass of icy cold sweet tea I had poured for myself a few minutes before. So, I say again... "Ahhh!" This next thought is no more or less important than what I have already typed... and what will follow this... because it is all crap thoughts anyway. But, I am now going to tell you something about me that I don't think I have ever publically expressed before? Ready, here goes: I really like ice in my glasses! In fact, I can't hardly drink anything that is supposed to be cold... unless, it is really cold! I even prefer my coffee to be iced!

Believe it or not, though I like the allure of living in days past... the thought that keeps me from really wanting to have lived in those bygone days is the fact that there was no refrigeration, and I would have had no crushed ice for my drinks! I mean, it isn't the shorter life span of those days, nor the higher incidence of disease... nope, it is the fact that they had no crushed ice! That my friend... is a deal-breaker.

Well, I guess because I have nothing to say I will go and take my shower and dress for the day. I am off work so I will allow myself to be somewhat scruffy and go without shaving. Although I prefer running around in shorts, I will have to dress like a big-boy today and wear jeans. It is because I have to meet one of my daughters at church after my appointment, and they sort of frown on men wearing shorts into the sanctuary (:

Through my window at the front of my desk I have watched the blackness of the night-time sky give way to another day... and now it is the beautiful light of a day just beginning... my favourite time of morning. Now I know for certain that is my cue to get started also. Forget that it is Friday the 13th and everyone have a great, safe, and happy day.

And remember, I love all of you! ... well, would you believe ... I love several of you... well, would you believe ... I love a couple of you... well... (in the words of Don Adams) "Would you believe... I love one of you?"