Wednesday, November 14, 2012

JUST THINKING

Wednesday November 14, 2012 10:55 am

 
Alison Krauss has such a sweet, sad voice. I bet for the man who marries her... she would be a real downer! Lol I was doing the final bit of work for school and she started singing (Gravity) and I stopped again, to just listen. Then after hearing her, I decided to give school work a rest and write a blog (: I have been nonstop for several hours now anyway, and I have earned a break? Etta James is singing now, very nice voice. (Before continuing, I am going to get a cup of coffee and indulge myself once again with a great chocolate treat! The problem for me is that my supplies are limited... I'm down to four after this one is gone. It's probably good that I have a limited supply though: the way they taste there must be... I don't know... probably a bazillion calories in each one! Lol)

I'm baaaaack. It took awhile for the water to come to a boil. “Mmmm....good! This treat could be addicting! I awoke this morning, basically in the middle of the night, so I could get everything done for my school work and I could take this day off. I am now down to one, 100 question test and I now think I am going to save that for this evening?

I want to tell all of you a funny thing that happened to me very early this morning... well, it might not be that funny to anyone reading this, but it did cause me to laugh. (In case there are people who reads today's blog and has not read my past ones, I need to tell those people an important fact in order to make some sense of the story I am going to relate.)

There was a time in my life, until recently that I had some more “serious” collections and collectibles. I sold almost all … (before I finish I want to tell you what is playing on my eyephone. sic. All of a sudden while typing I heard a loud and persistent heartbeat. I pushed the menu button to see what was playing? The title read: Leni's heartbeat... 35 weeks. How sweet! A long time ago Missy had loaded all of the songs I have on this device and that is one of the things on there, that was neat!)

Anyway, today everything that I once had as a collectible which monetarily had value, is gone. Now, my “collectibles” are what, most probably, a collection ought to be? That is, they are “extremely valuable,” but only to me!

So, maybe 5-6 hours ago I took a brief respite from study and typing and I decided to look at one particular set of collectibles. This set is small, but important to me. As I was holding, reading... and just thinking about these items a thought crossed my mind and I began to laugh. My door was shut to my small office but I still tried not to laugh too loud. Have you ever seen the movie, Throw Momma from the Train?

There are many laugh-out-loud scenes throughout the whole thing. DeVito and Crystal's characters play off each other nearly to perfection. There is one scene where DeVito finds himself in a room, unnoticed, when two people start making out nearby, his actions are hilarious!

My favorite scene though is when Owen (Danny DeVito) is making eggs for Larry (Billy Crystal) and Owen's mom is awakened because of the noise and enters the kitchen. The mom is played by Anne Ramsey and she has a mug you would have to see to believe? It's great! She wants to know who the man in the kitchen is? Owen says it's his cousin, Paddy(?) Now, Crystal is oblivious to what's happening because DeVito is just making things up as he goes along. So, he is sitting at the table and just looking innocent. Then, Owen's mom says that DeVito doesn't have a cousin Paddy. Devito looks at Crystal, raises his voice and says, “You lied to me!” Then he whacks him on the head with an iron skillet, knocking him into the floor! Hahahahahahaha

Anyway... it's a funny movie. (In real life, and to the unsuspecting I often quote lines Devito has used in several of his movies.) DeVito is a very funny person. But, the scene in that movie which caused me to laugh earlier this morning is a different one.

Owen asks Larry if he wants to see his “coin collection?” Larry is not at all interested but DeVito ignores him and he gets it anyway. To show the value he places on his collection he has it hid in the floor and he has to move a rug to get to it. Lol Finally, Crystal says he will look at it. But, as he starts showing off his “prized collection” they are valueless. A few nickels and quarters... not worth anything? Crystal tells him that a collection is supposed to be valuable. Then Owen tells him that they are very valuable, and he begins to tell how he acquired each one. Every single coin had been given to him as change and they came from his father: a person he loved very much! The collection was not valuable in and of itself... it was valuable only because of the love he felt for the person who had given those few things to him.

So, this morning I tried my best to stifle my laughter as I thought I am just like the character (Owen) DeVito played in that movie. I pictured him laying on the floor like a little kid and lovingly looking at his coins, and I busted out laughing! Me an DeVito... twins. lol

There is also another hilarious line at the end of that same scene when Crystal states that he must have loved his dad very much... and he asked his name? DeVito said his dad's name was Ned... and he called him, (DeVito) “little Ned.” Then he added, that's why my mom named me Owen! Hahahahahaha. That movie (and) So I Married an Axe Murderer has some of the funniest single scenes in any movies ever turned out by Hollywood!

I suppose I ought to say that unless I am writing a series on a particular subject I never have any certain thing in mind I am going to write. Whenever I begin a blog... I just start typing. I wrote that so that if you read this and wondered did I have anything in mind when I started this... I didn't. I just (inanely) type whatever pops into my head. I know... you can tell (:

Well, I have to go to the store and get Virgil some chicken, peas, and pasta to cook for his lunch... we are out of all three right now. I have to fix him salt-free foods, poor little guy is getting old on me ):

I think I am going to leave E here at home for this trip... I just looked at her and I think she looks a little sleepy, or maybe that's how I feel and I am projecting that onto her? Lol I suppose I probably ought not to keep writing things like that as someone might believe I am more than just a little off? Oh well, I suppose it's more fun to keep them guessing?

I'll leave you with a funny quote along those lines. Also, it might be a fun test you can try with your friends or work companions. Rita Brown, who was very left-wing and someone I personally dislike a great deal... did have a very funny quote. She said, “The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four people is suffering from a mental illness. Look at your three best friends. If they are okay, then it's you!” LOL

I hope all who reads this has a blessed, safe, and fun day!

(Willie's now singing... Georgia On My Mind.)