Monday, December 17, 2012

THAT'S FUNNY ???

Monday December 17, 2012 6:37 pm

Today at work I had something funny happen and I wanted to write about it. However, I realize just because there is something that I thought was funny doesn't mean anyone else might? I mean, I like "Ed Bassmaster" humor. In fact, I watched again today his prank call trying to sell a snapping turtle. Hahahahaha.

Anyway, to set this up I need to tell a joke so that you might understand this is what I was thinking about within seconds of a guy coming up to my desk and needing help.

A big guy with a hair-lip comes up to a much smaller guy who is wearing a watch. And, in a nasally high pitched voice (imagine Mike Tyson with a lisp) he says, "Hey Buddy, do you have the time?" The smaller guy only looks at him and doesn't say a word... so he repeats his question. "Buddy, do you have the time?" Again he is completely ignored. This time he got angry and swore at the guy and then stormed off. A person had been standing nearby and had seen everything and he came up to chastise the guy for not giving the time, even though he was wearing a watch. Then the guy said, in the same nasally high pitched voice... "What, do you want me to get my head knocked off?"

I was off this weekend and generally a couple of days off of the concrete and my left knee starts feeling pretty good. However, after I am first back on the concrete until I get used to it a little bit it starts hurting for awhile and it causes me to limp a little.

This morning I was at my computer and punching in an order when an old man came up on my right shoulder and asked me if I could follow him as he wanted to ask about something in the next aisle. So, I finished what I was doing and turned to go after him and I saw that he was limping and favoring his left knee! I immediately thought of the hair-lip joke and I started to laugh.

The old guy was part way down the aisle and he turned to see if I was following him? However, as he turned I completely stopped in the middle of the aisle and now we are both just looking at each other. Slowly he turns and starts limping and I am still several feet behind him and I am obviously favoring my leg as I am walking. He turns again... I stop again, and now we are just six or seven feet apart and I could see a little confusion on his face and I am trying hard to keep a straight face. He finally turns around and makes it into the next aisle with me a few steps behind.

I answer his questions and then I wait on him to limp away before I return to my desk. While it's true I do try and mock or imitate some people when they do something pretty stupid, I really don't make fun of people who can't help it. He was old and I figured if he saw me walking he would figure I was mocking how he walked (: