Saturday, December 08, 2012

MY FAVORITE... AND LAST PALINDROME OF MY LIFETIME IS LESS THAN TWO WEEKS AWAY!

Saturday December 8, 2012 9:23 pm

 
Well, December... at least as far as days and dates are concerned is a fun month! This month we have 5 Saturdays, 5 Sundays, and 5 Mondays: kind of neat I guess? Such combinations like this happen often enough not to be considered particularly rare, but I still like it.

Then, of course we have next Wednesday which will be 12/12/12... also pretty nice. In the morning hours (then again 12 hours later) if you have a digital clock which also displays the seconds you will have 12:12 am and 12 seconds on 12/12/12. Although I like such dates there is always (for me) a pesky little problem of having to omit 20 entire centuries to make the date work out? I mean, does it look as good to write 12:12 am and 12 seconds on 12/12/2012? No, of course not. However, there is still another perfect palindrome only eight days later and it is my favorite one: December 20, 2012.

If you break the numbers down into four separate pairs (as all dates on our calendar properly represent) then you have a perfect palindrome! for the first pairing the month is represented... the second pairing is the date of the month... the third pairing represents the century... and the final pairing represents the year of that particular century. So, 12/20/2012 and written in its proper grouping would be understood as month 12, day 20, century 20, and year 12. Writing that out forward it would read 12-20-20-12. Now, let me write it backwards: 12-20-20-12. 

There, now you have at least one reason why I like that date so much (: Because we don't have 13 months in our calendar this will be the last palindrome for nearly a century... so enjoy it. (lol) Because I try and find reasons to celebrate, and celebrating for me is always best with some cake and ice cream... I (for one) plan to splurge and have that sometime during this special day!

Then of course, just one day later it all comes crashing down and the world ends... bummer ): And no... even though I did say “bummer” I will not revert back to a few posts ago and repeat many similar words which dated me as a relic!