Monday, November 26, 2012

I HAVE A SERIOUS QUESTION... FOR GUYS ONLY!

Monday November 26, 2012 6:02 pm

Here is my question, and you will know immediately why I said this was only for the guys to answer. "What do you do if you have a wife who is crazy?" Seriously... what?

About ten minutes ago I was (as usual) minding my own business when Deb called out from the rear door and wanted me to come quickly! As usual... I didn't. "What is it," I asked?

She said there was a strong smell of gas outside and she thinks it is coming from our meter? "Do you hear anything... like hissing?"

"No," she admitted... "but it's really strong and you need to call the gas company!" I cautioned her that if I call them they will take it seriously and send someone out... so, you had better be certain it really is something? She again assured me that this was real!

So, I called them and I began by first blaming her... and I explained that I had lost my sense of smell long ago... but, SHE (I added extra emphasis here) says she can smell gas in the air. Naturally they don't know her, so they are taking it very seriously and as I type this we are waiting on them to come.

About five minutes ago she came into my office (I'm working on school work) and she said the smell is not nearly as strong now as before? I'M SHOCKED (:

Now, she says that she can hear the neighbors doing something in their backyard? I said, "Do you suppose they could have been... I don't know, maybe lighting a grill?" Sheepishly she told me that such a thing was possible?  I assured her that she will get to be the one who meets the gas men who I am quite certain are even now rushing to our house!

If I sound a little perturbed, or like I am not taking this very seriously... there is a reason. I'll give you just one (of oh so many) example(s) of why? Several years ago I pull into a Thornton's gas station and they have four islands and each island has four gas pumps. It is not uncommon to see this particular station (because it's just off the Interstate) to be full and 16 cars taking gas at the same time.

I get out of the car and I begin gassing up my car, along with a dozen other drivers... then, I hear an alarmed cry from the front seat, "ROB, I SMELL GAS!"

Good one... I thought, until I looked inside the car and she is genuinely concerned! "Uh... do you see where we are and what I am doing? I am putting GASOLINE into my car, and so are all of them." At that point I gesture with my hands to point out the whole parking lot full of cars getting gasoline.

She said, "You know what I mean... it's a lot stronger than usual."

Okey-dokey then... we'll be on our way. So, if I seem a bit underwhelmed by the thought of going up in a big fireball from a gas explosion, now you know why. Also, from the other room she just called out to ask if they will just look at things outside or will they want to talk to ... "somebody?"

Not, "somebody" I said... "they will want to talk to you!" (She just got real quiet.)

Their truck just pulled up... I want to go outside and watch this! lol

I will give you an update... no gas leak above, or underground! However, maybe there was a reason for him to come here. I had a Christian friend from my last store who (when he heard I was putting a cross on my house) wanted to be the one who made it for me. Anyway, Pete (the guy from the gas company) saw the cross and he told about his wife (Lynn) who has pancreatic cancer. Pete and Lynn also have a sixteen-year-old daughter at home. So, I asked him if it was okay if we had prayer for him and we would ask those we know to pray for her healing as well.

That is what I am doing now... would all of you please pray for Pete and Lynn Vogt, and their daughter! Thanks!!!